1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

One from Weekday and two from H&M Trend

Would recommend keeping an eye out for H&M Trend, in Sweden you can find a bunch on tradera (swedish ebay) and blocket (swedish craigslist) but the retail pricing is totally reasonable imo.
    Leather, fit, design and construction are all very solid for the price and I'm pretty happy with the two jackets I have
    (got a shacket from the same line that's one of my most used layering-pieces when the temperature starts to drop)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  2. John L

John L Well-Known Member

3. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Anyone got recommendations for Brussels? Going for a few days of Thanksgiving and i want to see some cool places / eat some good food.

4. hayaoyamaneko

hayaoyamaneko Senior member

Looking for recs for black or dark grey flecked f/w weight trousers, like these SS Crossword Trousers (tapered, carrot fit or pleated)

[​IMG][​IMG]

to be paired with my:

[​IMG]

Been trying to figure out some colors/textures that work for it.

5. Spehsmonkey

Spehsmonkey Senior member

Someone recently posted a store that had a house brand of black derbies. Around $200-300. Not centre commercial. Anyone know what I'm referring to? Sorry I can't think of more detail, but I seem to remember the shop being European

6. Spehsmonkey

Spehsmonkey Senior member

Yes! Anyone have any info on quality with these, particularly whether they start looking like total shit after a few wears?

7. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Those look like they're made from corrected grain leather. I wouldn't say they'd look like shift after a few wears, but they won't age as well as full grain.

The upside to corrected grain is that you get that high shine/ somewhat plastic-y look, which suits SWD fits better than CM. I wore a pair of Marigela boots today, actually, made from corrected grain. Not the worse thing in the world, but I prefer the natural look of full grain.

1 person likes this.
  8. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

This might be a good option even though they're navy. http://debonnefacture.fr/en/trousers/188-carrot-trousers.html

9. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Schneider Peel trousers, no?

[​IMG]

10. hayaoyamaneko

hayaoyamaneko Senior member

Thanks for the rec!

@gdl203 you're sold out in size 4 [​IMG]

I had my eye on them earlier in the season. Do they have a bit of green in them? I have a pair of Lemaire pants in a grey/green that clashed with the coat imo, so was worried about the Peel trousers being the same thing.

11. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Those De Bonne Facture ones look pretty nice (so do the herringbone drawstring pants, for that matter). Does anybody have a pair? I'm curious how the carrot shape works with such a low rise if you aren't already skinny.

12. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

@hayaoyamaneko no green at all, charcoal grey (black/white yarns)

13. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Maybe these? Unfortunately for you I snagged the last pair of size IV, but maybe you can find another stockist.

14. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

What is going on with this Vetements jacket on Mr.Porter? It doesn't say anything about a removable panel, zip-off coattails, etc., but the worn view looks awfully different from the product shot. (There is a telltale seam bulge running around the waist, but I still see no method nor location for detaching the bottom section)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

and while I'm asking MrP questions, is this Berluti wool sweater actually [supposed to cost] nine thousand dollars? It's sold out in all sizes but one, or does that mean they only stocked one item in one size for this singular piece of history? If there were something special about the sweater to justify such a price (woven by the last child of the remote Hakuna Matata tribe, before he died of culture shock...), shouldn't that be mentioned in the description? It's not even cashmere, let alone vicuna.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  15. sipang

sipang Senior member

Just some wack styling with the right panel folding up inside, coat is vented so it's doable I guess

But $4000 ? Fucking hell

1 person likes this.
  16. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

But it's got that cool little "B" sewn in the bottom. Those "in the know" will have great respect for your impeccable taste.

edit: make that "impeccable investment". Everyone knows that "fine wool sweaters" made in an "ageless hue" appreciate at at least 18% per annum.

4 people like this.
  17. jet

jet Senior member

Any elastic waste loose trousers with a nice taper I should be looking at? Sort of cdgish I suppose.

18. akclothpooper

akclothpooper Senior member

Got some Issey drawstring trousers with light taper recently, was cheaper then the comme i could find at the time but fabric was a light cotton linen wash. Yohji does a ton as well, pics would help of some you like since comme does a ton. I think our legacy and acne also have slimmer wool drawstring trouser out.

19. bows1

bows1 Senior member

So nothing good in Brussels it seems?