1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. wttm

wttm Senior member

Should I be worried? I emailed back.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  2. APK

APK Senior member

Not really. I assume he's just trying to accumulate as many email addresses as he can for spamming purposes.

3. Imyouricecreamman

Imyouricecreamman Senior member

The Mrw-200 series from Casio is great and comes in a wide selection of colors. I use it when I go on holiday. Goes through security at airports without having to remove it is also a plus. Great legibility and robustness is another

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. javy

javy Senior member

Any cobbler recommendations in the orange county area?

5. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

my hair is limp and boring. i don't know how you do it with your hair.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

so... that was a short stint for O'Shea at Brioni [​IMG]

7. sipang

sipang Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

3 people like this.
  8. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

don't trust basic ass bitches. it should be apparent enough what kind of character he is once he disappeared from sf after being called out and making countless excuses to try to squirm his way out. he's another drew keith.

9. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Actually feel kind of bad for the guy.

10. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

I agree.

Find it kind of odd it only lasted this long. I mean, they knew what they were getting when they hired him and he was very specific about what he wanted to change there if hired (everything). But who knows, maybe he left on his own accord. Probably not, but maybe.

11. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Really? He went from small league e-tailer buyer/CD to big time creative director, mostly on the basis of his own style and street style cred. He was clearly not qualified but he went all in, turning the brand 180 degrees, faking it until he would (hopefully) make it.

I feel bad for all the truly qualified people that are passed up when brands roll the dice like that.

He got major media exposure out of it. And probably a nice pay check.

12. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I guess so, but what's he going to do now? Go back to being a buyer? That has to feel like a punch to the ego.

13. sipang

sipang Senior member

Seems like he was vaguely shooting for something Tom Fordian which isn't a bad idea but it's not clear he ever had a coherent vision (beyond "change everything" and "70s pimps") or the acumen to see it through. Which comes as surprise to no one given his background, not sure what Brioni was hoping for once the oh so sweet buzz died down. Also his pants are way too tight c'mon.

Speaking of Tom Ford, not really a designer that's even remotely on my radar but the current collection might be of interest to some here, oh yes.

14. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

+1 on suevecita for pomade

15. Rais

Rais Senior member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. robinacion

robinacion Well-Known Member

Also had this same experience. Wanted me to ship an item to a "friend" in Nigeria. Okeedokee

17. compulsiveshop

compulsiveshop Well-Known Member

drjonathanguer contacted me also to asking to buy an item that I'm selling. Haven't yet hit the part where he asks me to ship to Nigeria, but I'm guessing it's not far off since he's mentioned in his last email that he'll be away from the USA for a month.

18. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Tell that you're affluent and not so interested in money but just want the piece to go to a good home. Then ask for a 2 page essay on why he likes the item and tell him if you like his essay you'll ship it for free.

2 people like this.
  19. compulsiveshop

compulsiveshop Well-Known Member

"
    I just made the payment now and i received a message from PayPal confirming the payment has been confirmed and approved, PayPal said they have notified you via email about the payment as well, please check all your mail folder to confirm you have been notified by PayPal.

Please send the package on today via International Registered Mail Service from your local post office and send the shipment tracking number to PayPal so that they can verify the shipment and complete the transaction. My friend's address is as stated below

Name: OLADIPUPO SODIQ
    Address: No 11 Agba Dam estate,
    City: Ilorin
    State: Kwara
    Zipcode: 23431

Please include the purchase receipt if you still have it and just in case the postage fees is more than £30, please send the package anyways and email the postage receipt which reflects the actual amount spent on postage and i will refund you with whatever amount you add on shipment £30 ."

20. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

Is he also a prince?

1 person likes this.