1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior member

As an Asian person that feels like he needs to change up his look, this is reminding me that I need to start hunting for a stylist. I feel as if I've had the same haircut for too long due to going to cheaper places and have no clue what to do with it.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  2. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Hanz de Fuko products have worked well for me. Esp the claymation

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Can second Kevin Murphy, as well as "Fatboy" products.

4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Which Fatboy products do you like?

5. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior member

Looking for cheap watch recommendations. Like cheap cheap. Not Seiko 5 cheap. I usually wear a $30 Timex. Went surfing with it recently and now the Indiglo[​IMG] doesn't work. Still ticking though.

Digital or analog. New or vintage. Sub $50 maybe? Leaning towards one of those Casio numbers that terrorists apparently like, but looking for more suggestions.

1 person likes this.
  6. Phrost

Phrost Senior member

If anyone can pull of terrorist chic...

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

"Perfect putty." Non-greasy, smells nice, matte finish. Lots of flex. ANd doesn't make your hands feel disgusting when you touch your hair.

1 person likes this.
  8. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Where to report suss PM's?
    I just got two PMs about my listings from a user that signed up today and wants to ask a few questions via email.
    User = drjonathanguer

9. Landau

Landau Well-Known Member

Got the same pm.]

10. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Kevin Murphy products are legit as hell. Lush's styling cream is also pretty great ime, regardless of whether or not you care about ethical hair care products.

11. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

why?? that's my hair i don't think i've ever hated it or had any trouble with it. u just can't do super crunchy/spiky styles but long and wavy is nice too!

@nicelynice how is no one bidding on that Geller zip blazer and SNS herning you put up. Obviously these japanese don't know a grail SF item when they see it!

12. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

Now I'm trying to decide between Hans de Fuko and Fatboy.

13. basil rathbone

Just to throw one more into the mix... I tried so many hair products including all mentioned (aside from Fuko) until I found my personal grail - Baxter clay pomade. I'm not asian, but have fine, straight hair. The clay pomade was perfect. Just the right amount of hold, hair was malleable, could still run fingers through it, not greasy, smells good, doesn't look like "product", y'know? I guess it's a really personal thing though, because I didn't think much of Kevin Murphy, didn't like B/B, and really didn't like Imperial. There should be a website where you can cop a bunch of samples and try them all.

Of course, now my hair is shoulder length, so I haven't used the stuff in two years...

14. basil rathbone

I'm choosing to take this as a compliment.

15. Rais

Rais Senior member

I got a black unbranded, quartz analog military watch for $6 shipped on eBay. The nylon strap was pretty horrible so I ordered a $3 NATO strap to go with it. Have had it a year and it keeps pretty good time. I'd use a cheap digital Casio if you are going to be brutal with it though. Can take a pic of it if you are interested.

1 person likes this.
  16. APK

APK Senior member

I was almost certain it was spam just because the guy sounded ready to buy something from the SW&D classifieds without any bartering or drawn-out negotiation process.

2 people like this.
  17. basil rathbone

Interested! Also, not surprised to hear that's what you wear.

18. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Whatever Rais has is probably a lot cooler, but MWC makes cheap military-style watches.

https://mwc-watches.myshopify.com/c...ve-drab-1960s-pattern-european-military-watch

I also like the unabashedly cheap look of Swatches. The Rebel line is nice and minimalistic.

https://twitter.com/jeffstaple/status/777984098837168128

Those are about $75 in-store, but you can find them for like $50 on eBay and Amazon. MWC is $55, but a little cheaper right now at Cool Material with their promo code.

https://shop.coolmaterial.com/products/mwc-vietnam-watch

1 person likes this.
  19. Rais

Rais Senior member

It's very similar to that first MWC watch but with less branding and it's an all black case and face with white markings. I'll take a photo later. I just liked it because of how cheap and disposable it was.

I have a digital touch screen Swatch that I wear a lot as well, but that was $AUD120. I like how big the digits are on it and it looks pretty minimal in all black. I wear it with both menswear and sporty outfits and think it looks pretty good in both contexts.

20. Grintricha

Grintricha Senior member

grr i thought i knew what i was going to make my next purchase but then tuesday happens and some new lovely mr porter stuff comes up and my decision gets thrown into pfaffing indecision

damn my poor life choices which mean i have limited money, i blame everybody else, i can't possibly accept personal responsibility