1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I would say that White's boots that are made for firefighting, etc... definitely out-tough Viberg's fashion boots, but that Viberg's analogous boots are about the same as White's. That said, unless you are going to be standing in hellaciously hot, recently burned out forest, or building fire lines, "fashion" Vibergs are approximately 200x tougher than anything you'd need for day to day wear. I'd say that the "fashion" Vibergs, lack of steel toes aside, are tougher than 95% of the workboots I've seen out here.

3. LA Guy

It's been that way since at least the early 2000s.

Maybe it's the model, because that makes no sense based on the our relative sizes. I have a pullover from a few years ago, in a size M, that swims on me. Very oversized, and I have a two chunky cardigans that are quite relaxed, and now this hooded number, that is "fitted, but not very." The only SNS herning piece I have that is really Pitti fitted is a newer Stark, and it's apparently meant to fit that way.

4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Hmmm @LA Guy, I guess I just need to find a makeup that speaks to me more then. 3sixteen one is as close as I've seen. Looking for non cap toe and semi structured toe in an interesting leather. Not too bulky of a last. I liked the cinnamon roughout GMTO, minus the captoe.

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I really like the mini ripple sole makeups that 3sixteen have m.

6. LA Guy

Maybe get the new zip service boot? It has a slightly Visvim feel to it that you might like. Not sure who is carrying it though. I typically like what The Bureau designs, ande Haven, as well.

7. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Get a cordovan Alden boot with a commando sole - it's what I wear when it rains, snows, etc. I find that the density of cordovan makes it a bit more waterproof than other leathers and doesn't require much treatment. I can't find any plain toe boot with a quick Google search, but there's a whole weird Alden thread here, maybe they can help!!

edit: This boot with a commando sole

[​IMG]

8. LA Guy

Nice, but hardly "fun", at least imo. I mean, Alden is about as trad as you get. It's the quintessential American shoe.

9. LA Guy

On that trad note, I sorta want either a pair of Clark Wallabee boots or a pair of Sanders "McQueen" chukkas.

Thoughts? One vs the other?

[​IMG]vs[​IMG]

10. accordion

accordion Senior member

Imo if you want an actual full foul-weather proof shoe, it's not really practical to wear anything with decent leather. At the very least, you can't step on anything with salt on it. If there's snow above a foot, the entire inside of your shoe/boot will get wet. But if you're careful about what you step on and keep another pair of legit beaters like bean boots, etc, you can get away with pretty much anything with a decent sole. I think I used AnnD highs for an entire winter as go to footwear and managed to avoid falling or getting soaked.

11. LA Guy

Salt stains rub off pretty easily - not really a bother unless you are really fussy about stuff like that.

If you are looking for real foul weather boots, just get something with a Goretex insert. If you are really looking to be a canuck, get a pair of Sorels. http://www.sorel.com/mens-caribou-w...873_variationColor=282&cgid=men-boots#start=6 which will take you comfortably through a snow and slush and sleet filled winter on James Bay.

12. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

@Fuuma thanks man. Vintage YSL is gonna be hard to dig up but SLP looks good. Maybe i'll go check them out at the boutiques..

13. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member

I like the Sanders. There was a photo in the Camoshita lookbook that I think were Sanders that made me want to get a pair.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

15. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

i prefer the clarks

1 person likes this.
  16. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

nothing makes me more loathe to buy new clothes than an entire morning spent selling crap on yahoo auctions

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  17. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

Please tell me you didn't sell the blue Petrosoleum

18. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

They've been about a size big on me, been wearing them with insoles and thick socks. Same with my L-0 boots. Complete shame, but I think I need to flip and re-order both pairs :(

19. Landau

Landau Well-Known Member

I wonder if people will start name dropping Calvin Kleins main collection once Raf's collection is released.

20. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Sanders are much better made, but there's something special about the Wallabee look.