• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for some reason than CPsole/Lanvin/silouette style seems like it will be looked back on as the Prada hybrid red stripe sneaker of the '10s.
That was called the "goes with anything" sneakers back in the day. I am looking through old Esquires and GQs to find the references.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of sneakers, has anyone got any ideas about some non-leather chunky sneakers? Sorta in the AF-1 variety that I could wear with baggy jeans, but non-leather.

Rais

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember this one time I stumbled on this tumblr and I thought "this kinda looks like a female version of Rais" so I posted it here. Ended up being his sister
1f602.png

I found a 3M jacket for her in Kmart for $20 so now we can spam tumblr together with lame reflective jacket pics.

Hendrix: Zara has a cool looking velcro low top in off-black that is 100% PU upper. I have a bunch of mesh/synthetic sneakers but I don't think they'd go well with jeans.

DeBo

Reaction score

Speaking of sneakers, has anyone got any ideas about some non-leather chunky sneakers? Sorta in the AF-1 variety that I could wear with baggy jeans, but non-leather.

When you can find them Nike vandals are nice

Last edited:

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

neither do i, just add vibram soles/heels and heel taps. I was curious if you liked the work. I've seen some really really bad protective sole jobs on nice boots where the protective sole is slightly peeling off and it just looks awful. My current guy is great but started charging a lot, i think it was $80/90 last time i had protective soles added.

Damn, mine charges that for full sole he's in San Mateo next to my tailor.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I found a 3M jacket for her in Kmart for $20 so now we can spam tumblr together with lame reflective jacket pics.

The local nike outlet had a bunch of these the other day for like $50, almost got one just to scare the **** out of people when I walk my dog.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Damn, mine charges that for full sole he's in San Mateo next to my tailor.

Yea adding vibram protective soles used to be 40-50 bucks, now getting close to 90. If you want I can pm you my guy south San Francisco, he is good I have no complaints about the work. However, I decided to bite the bullet and a pair to willie's in LA.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unless you're buying m_moria's or whatever, I don't really see a need to ship to Willie's in LA. I pay half of that for topy + heel taps.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Unless you're buying m_moria's or whatever, I don't really see a need to ship to Willie's in LA. I pay half of that for topy + heel taps.

CCP is worthy of Willies :D, that and i just wanted to get super cool soles, idk if i'll do it again until i see the work in person .

topy is too thin for me, and i have had really good exprience with vibram,

basil rathbone

Reaction score

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The local nike outlet had a bunch of these the other day for like $50, almost got one just to scare the **** out of people when I walk my dog.

This is nice for Chris Jericho enthusiasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads