• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

To put into perspective, most men have about 2.5 Terabytes of Appreciation.

apparently, mr. moo's tastes in Appreciation range from softcore vanilla to really esoteric **** that not even the japanese could dream up.

Last edited:

Francks

Reaction score
Maybe not the right topic but I'm looking for a very specific item from dries from SS16
It's a pair of trousers
Cut: peeler
Fabric code: 1345 (black)
And in size 46

Any idea which shop could have it? Open to anywhere in the world (tried already flagship stores in Paris and Antwerp, + some online places)

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem with the bolded part is that you are just associating trendiness with social circles that you don't respect, whereas in reality, it's part of every social circle.

To different degrees yea, wasn't hating on trend chasing, just trying to give a different perspective on hypebeasts and the like, as opposed to calling them boring like the article did.

Last edited:

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Well I mean, obviously most of my collection has been remastered in 4k at this time. But I have - of course - kept the original files as well. Much like the LP vs CD discussion, sometimes there is no substitute for the original.

As for my tastes, well.... let's just say that Uncle Nephew is not only on point, but also the title of one of my many, many well organized and curated folders.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about picking up this "Minotaur Wrinkles Jacket." It's made from a wrinkled nylon fabric that's made to look like it's been left out in the rain. It's quite an awesome fabric, feels like a stiff cotton, not nylon - matte, dry hand. Was made for some space-related purpose, I guess. Actually a pretty cool brand that makes some rather attractive looking tech items: https://www.minotaur.co.jp/

Two things:

1.) I don't like the cuff strap and buttons. However, since it's nylon, I can't take the buttons off without leaving a hole. Any ideas?
2.) Black or natural?

Pics of a blue one:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
blue > natural > black

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the point of those cuffs? Does anyone use them???

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What is the point of those cuffs? Does anyone use them???

Sometimes there's another button to help tighten the cuff, but it's mostly just for decoration. Not all raincoats have them, FWIW.

Rais

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That one he posted looks to have the second button for adjustment. I use mine on my Issey trench sometimes.
I'd pass on it, looks like a nylon coat that's been put in a hot wash too many times. H&M has a very similar one out right now, sans cuff straps.

ghostface

Reaction score
yeah, looks like a pretty standard mac. unless the fabric just blows you away in person, it's hard to see the particular appeal.

minotaur stuff looks cool in general, though i wish their long jackets were...8-10" longer. even the pockets look like they'd be hard to get your hands into without bending your elbows a lot.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thinking about picking up this "Minotaur Wrinkles Jacket." It's made from a wrinkled nylon fabric that's made to look like it's been left out in the rain. It's quite an awesome fabric, feels like a stiff cotton, not nylon - matte, dry hand. Was made for some space-related purpose, I guess. Actually a pretty cool brand that makes some rather attractive looking tech items: https://www.minotaur.co.jp/

Two things:

1.) I don't like the cuff strap and buttons. However, since it's nylon, I can't take the buttons off without leaving a hole. Any ideas?
2.) Black or natural?

Pics of a blue one:

All my coats already look like that.

If you strap the cuffs the other way around they opening will be tighter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads