Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

Yeah I know, normally I wouldn't care, but I only shared it because of this:

I just thought it was an odd thought process: see a jacket that hasn't had a change in the listing for 8 months, not read the listing at all and make a comment on lowering the price because of two levels of perceived faults (ignoring the photos and not realizing it was a rug in the first place, and not reading the part that explains that the wear patterns on the rug were strategically placed on the jacket) and offer 40% of the asking price. Then make a formal offer for $2000. Then make an informal offer for $1500 Canadian? All within the span of a few hours.

I mean, if you want someone to sell you a high-value item and trust that you aren't going to fuck them over, it's not really the best way to go about it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016

2. accordion

accordion Senior member

doubt he would've followed through with the 2k offer tho.

I left a negative feedback for a seller that failed to mention the item had been altered. A couple days later the feedback with comments disappeared and was replaced with a generic 5/5 feedback. Wonder if this is a special feature for power sellers.

3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

The struggle is so real...

4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Love/hate relationship with Gr.

5. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

I have had very pleasant experience with Gr. Some of my high price items was sold quickly with reasonable offers on Gr. TOJ leather, Sandro leather, BBJ sashiko, SS cardigan... ; also got some nice stuffs for much cheaper than retail.

6. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Overall, positive for sure. The 'hate' part of it is the crazy lowballs and flaky buyers. Eventually though, things sell.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

THIS LISTING HAS BEEN DELETED

akmusic_ (2)

4 hrs
    i dont want to annoy you, but is there anyway I can change your mind?
    akmusic_ (2)

6 hrs
    I have $1400-$1500 Canadian atm. please let me know if you could possibly squeeze 1 of your jackets to sell, it's the most beautiful piece of seen in my entire life haha.
    akmusic_ (2)

6 hrs
    can you sell one of them please? Im persian so im obsessed with this jacket
    me

7 hrs
    Both, sorry. I meant to take it down months ago since I decided to keep it
    akmusic_ (2)

8 hrs
    Sent Offer$2000
    Buyer is located in: Canada. All offers include shipping costs.
    akmusic_ (2)

8 hrs
    sorry I'm just really confused, was my offer too low or it's just not for sale in general?
    akmusic_ (2)

9 hrs
    wait so youre not selling it?
    me

9 hrs
    No, sorry. It's not for sale
    akmusic_ (2)

9 hrs
    yeah i meant the carpet part, but i actually researched about it, seems like its sort of suppose to look like that, are u willing to let it go for $900?
    me

14 hrs
    Read it again, there is no print
    me

14 hrs
    LOL
    akmusic_ (2)

19 hrs
    willing to buy for 900 USD
    akmusic_ (2)

19 hrs
    i think you should drastically reduce the price, it seems pretty worn as their seems to be fading on various areas of the carpet print

My last offer is $500

8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

It looks retarded especially, when there's no chance of rain within the next week, nor have their been in the last week.

It must also give some odd tan lines.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Grailed ain't too bad. I always sold shit on there. Low ball offers only come when you have higher ticket items. Things selling 250 and under usually ain't as bad on the low balls.

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Need some recommendations for shopping in Washington, DC. Would like a place to try on Geller or Ervell, or a Bloomingdales that has SF brands on sale? So far I have -

Arcteryx
    Steven Alan
    Commonwealth
    Federal
    Alden

11. Meis

Meis Senior member

Speaking of [email protected], and just selling online in general, I really hate when someone sends a "what's the absolute lowest you'll sell this for" message. It's like you're telling me you'd send me a lowball offer, but you don't have the balls to actually do so / want me to do it for you.

12. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

LOL i have a funny one about that.

I was selling brand new ccp boots on grailed and a guy sent me an offer which was 42% below my asking price (still a lot of cash though). I reply to him saying please don't send me lowball offers. He tells replies to me with an LOL asking in what world we live in that his offer was lowball. Well it was lowball relative to the item i was selling. The amount of money was a lot yes but its not enough. So i sent him an offer to buy the item for about 25% above my asking price. Maybe he got the point.

The true issue is that a lot of people on grailed try to give lowball offers expecting the owner of said item to buckle. I also think this is attributed to someone not understanding wtf they are trying to buy.

Honestly if i have a high ticket nice item i am trying to break even on i'd rather one of the guys on SF take it from me rather then grailed but if not one wants it what to do.....

13. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

no, that's incorrect. it's because they're used to western retail pricing models and expect average resellers to sell at sale prices as if they got the product at wholesale prices.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016

14. accordion

accordion Senior member

15. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

I read that entire article in his voice