1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

hello folks. recently switched back to windows after being on mac for 7 years. any suggestions for must have programs/apps or are they all mostly universal now? anything i should know about windows 10 @_@?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  2. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

I don't think the Balenciafa stuff from the Vetements guy is out yet. Or is it? I forget which season he is launching.

3. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Yea, the runway show was a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2017-menswear/balenciaga/slideshow/collection

Gosha also had some tailored looks at his Pitti show

http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2017-menswear/gosha-rubchinskiy

Don't know if this might signal anything about the return of tailored clothing for streetwear/ high fashion designers, but the Demna stuff looks unwearable.

4. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Yikes, the balanciaga ss17 runway stuff looks awful. Too bad.

5. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member

did you do this for overwatch?

6. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

no my mbp legit died and the asus zenbook pro looked mighty fine for a lot less than another mbp

7. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Senior member

http://www.angelfire.com/apes/bonzi_buddy/

9 people like this.
  8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

"System requirements: Sound Card."

I get the argument that Margiela seemed nerdily into vintage finds and Vetements seems to just trawl the shallows of recent clothing culture but to an extent that's just vintage snobbery/valuing an authenticity I don't think vetements or its fans give a shit about. Vetements is post authenticity.

9. dieworkwear

I like this line, but I'm not sure what it means (sounds cool though).

Like Vetements doesn't care about authenticity in the way circa-2000 hipsters cared about authenticity?

That's probably true. So is the referencing of low brow stuff just ... I don't know ... a middle finger to the fashion industry then? And a wink to their fans? A way to create a meme?

Or is it just following SLP, who referenced "low brow authencity" in a way that genuinely seemed more hipstery? As in "that cool brand did this, so let's do it too lolz."

10. Rais

Rais Senior member

install gentoo

1 person likes this.
  11. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

fk blizzard for not making it mac compatible

12. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member

Same. Debating picking up a pc just to play it.

13. accordion

accordion Senior member

I still don't get what the difference is between that and TF2.

1 person likes this.
  14. msg

msg Senior member

Built in apps are pretty good. Personally, I find it useful to signup for the Insider previews but I stay in the Slow ring. There is risk, but I find the tradeoff favorable for getting improvements, like Edge extensions.

1 person likes this.
  15. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Gyazo and flux are probably my most used downloaded programs, hexchat is good if you ever chat in irc rooms

16. dieworkwear

Actually just thought about this more and don't think SLP cared about authenticity. I think you're right in that authenticity is dead, at least in the sense that nobody cares about provenance or nerdy details anymore.

But then if that's dead and nobody cares about "high minded" design, maybe that O'Shea is right in that interview. Fashion is just about being "cool" at the moment. In the most boiled down, core sense of the word.

Honestly seems a little depressing.

There's a whole nexus of low-brow, high-fashion design that I still don't get -- Vetements, Gosha, SLP, and now Brioni (photos just came out tonight of their runway show and everyone looks like a cheeseball pimp, just as O'Shea promised). I guess it was somewhat interesting how streetwear was/ is influencing high fashion designers, but it's already starting to feel tired to me.

It's almost like a ripped-off streetwear style without any of the 90s streetwear culture that made those clothes feel culturally compelling in the first place. But I guess that goes back to the "no one cares about authenticity" point again.

3 people like this.
  17. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

I guess it's kind of an interesting subject on a superficial level, but as long as it doesn't move the needle on the labels I care about then Vetements et. al. are welcome do whatever fuckery they want and I'll just sit over here in my corner and continue to mostly ignore them.

18. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Buys two pairs of sneakers from SNS, three weeks later ONE pair arrives. :uhoh:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  19. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

Vetements is trash, who cares? That's kinda the whole point/joke, right?

But the thing that really pisses me off is the amount of assholes I saw wearing thrasher shirts with some tech runners and stupid raincoat this season in Paris. It's definitely up from last season.

And last season everyone had the white with black logo version. This season everyone had the black with flame logo version. It's almost as if they think thrasher has seasonal deliveries.

FUCKTARDS STAY AWAY FROM SKATEBOARDING PLEASE.

2 people like this.
  20. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

as a fucktard near a skateboard i take offense

4 people like this.