1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. accordion

accordion Senior member

Can't remember the last time I've seen a Grailed seller with neither a 5/5 nor 0/0 feedback. Some of these people selling beat to shit sneakers for close to retail can't possibly be kind-u level and they have a 4.49. I've also left a negative feedback once for a 5/5 seller who sold me a tailored coat passed off as new and my comment plus rating were deleted a couple days after and I can't repost it. Has anyone seen something similar? I've had no terrible experiences with selling but am always hesitant to buy because of that.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  2. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Ive not given negative feedback before but I must say I was a 0/0 seller at one time. everyone starts somewhere.

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Do you happen to have a recommendation for more CM-eqsue shirt in a similar blue color? I've been waiting for Kamakura to release one. I was thinking button down collar.

FWIW Uniqlo has a linen shirt in similar blue color.

4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Not really the same, but Proper Cloth had this Japanese slub weave that's kinda-sorta similar.

https://propercloth.com/dress-shirts/japanese-blue-slub-weave-52906.html

You can order swatches on their website. I think it's like three for a dollar. They're an online MTM company, so you can basically get whatever collar style/ details you want.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

That's nice but Proper Cloth is not OTR and I don't like fidgeting with numbers

I'll have to check it out. Maybe I can send them one of my Kamkura shirts to copy the pattern.

6. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I think they do OTR fits as well. The link I gave seems to have an OTR option along with MTM. (Although, it looks like the fabric is sold out. Maybe it'll return?)

I gave them the measurements from one of my dress shirts. The fit didn't come out exactly the same, but after the free remake, it was good enough. A lot better than most online MTM shirt companies I've tried.

7. gustavobradley

gustavobradley Senior member

Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I've seen a different rating either. That does seem pretty sketchy, did you try contacting Grailed about it?

IMO grailed has gotten a lot more frustrating to use even in the last year or so because of what seems like a change in the userbase away from people in to designer clothes and towards the streetwear crowd, but I could be very wrong.

1 person likes this.
  8. hennree

hennree Senior member

Speaking of MTM my wedding suit is pretty much done - tried a couple of places on savile row that DWW and others suggested but ultimately went with SuitSupply as it fit my budget.

I've never had anything fit me OTR so i'm pretty happy with the outcome.

[​IMG]

Edit; thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    7 people like this.
  9. Ragechester

Ragechester Senior member

Someone recommend some tank tops

10. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

for what? because I live all summer in nike and under armor, but my guess is that it's not what you're after.

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I've decided to live all summer in tech pants or lounge pants and sneakers. Just not sure whether to go slightly fashiony, vintage tech, or like, Yeezy. Those are really the only questions I need for the summer, I think. Right now, it's a wierd amalgam of stuff that makes no sense together, but feels so comfy.

12. Ragechester

Ragechester Senior member

I have some gyakusou tanks I wear a ton for training, but I'm just looking for something with an interesting relaxed cut in good fabric possibly with some linen or silk in there, not something for working out

under armor though bro? can't do it

13. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Any suggestions on a passport wallet (with card pockets) that won't break the bank? I'd prefer to spend <$60. Doesn't have to be leather, just something durable.

14. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Those grailed dudes have a literal shrine to Kanye at their new HQ, somebody posted it on IG. So yeah, that's basically where their focus is.

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

So... I like all things tweed: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Harri...l?dwvar_MQ00219_Color=DKGR&contentpos=1&cgid=

It's $64, so, slightly over your budget, but I like it.

Heschel supplies is also a good bet for you:
    http://shop.herschelsupply.com/coll...-passport-holder-leather-navy-pebbled-leather

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

[​IMG]

What in the actual fuck...

17. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior member

...do you not?

3 people like this.
  18. accordion

accordion Senior member

My e-mail got ignored but I'm gonna send another one. Most of the grey market everywhere are people flipping streetwear so not surprised. Also not surprised at the shrine, the Raf sales at Grailed 100 were mostly predetermined to go to Ian Connor. Heard from a friend who's in the powerseller FB group.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  19. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Grailed is just trending toward stupid. They've started shifting items out of "Grailed" into "Basics." I was poking around the Basics section today and am a bit dumbfounded that a pair of NWT 3sixteens are considered basic along with the Gap cargo shorts a few listings down?

20. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

I was a little annoyed they did that to some of my stuff too, but if you only browse your saved filters like I do it doesn't matter if it's in grailed basic or hype