1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Neither, I'd say hold off for something better.

3 people like this.
  2. il_colonnello

il_colonnello Senior member

got commented on as well, on page 2 somewhere:

3. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

That is what I get for not reading the link.

4. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Finally, your street cred at the office will be maintained, $525.

2 people like this.
  5. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior member

This reminded me of when my sister and I bumped into a Tintin boutique shop in Kyoto, on the way to Mindtrive.

I then wallowed in nostalgia for the duration of our time there.

6. eazye

eazye Senior member

What's going on with the back of the Harnden coat? It looks like the model has a small tail hiding under there.

1 person likes this.
  7. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

@nicelynice, I like those wrinkly Minotaur raincoats better.

2 people like this.
  8. byAsum

byAsum Member

9. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

OK all that post is revealing is that I know nothing about Ann D.

10. byAsum

byAsum Member

I know, I would not expect florals from Ann Demeulemeester. But I think ppl like it cuz it makes it rare then?

11. soband

soband Active Member

Florals are used pretty regularly by AnnD. That floral print was used fw08 im pretty sure. I know it was used in the mens show and probably the womens as well. I think that particular jacket is a woman's jacket (mens sizes are SML womens are numbered, at least for all the seasons I am familiar with, which includes 08).

I really like the print. eventually I want to own something with that print.

...that was really off-topic, huh?

2 people like this.
  12. byAsum

byAsum Member

No I didn't know that! I don't follow the runways enough, but usually when I see her stuff, online in posts or in stores, it's black, drapy, baggy... I guess I never came across them

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Moderator

That's just the buyers. Ann Demeulemeester's clothing is very romantic, as in, gothic romantic - a lot of Victorian stuff, and flowers on a dark background are pretty common.

2 people like this.
  14. Francks

Francks Senior member

Regarding grailed and the "buy it now" option as a seller:

If a buyer decides to pay but forgets about the additional shipping costs (intentionally or not), I then have to refund him and incur the loss of the paypal fixed fee (30p) + ask the grailed team to refund the grailed commision and wait for a few days. Am I correct? It's quite annoying especially since it's the buyer who is responsible for the hassle.

One solution would be to have the option to accept or deny a payment in paypal and check the amount before it clears. This option can be enabled in the settings but it only works for paypal accounts that do not hold a USD currency (to be precise only works with payments for which the currency is not held in paypal account)

Personnally I used to have gbp/eur/usd but removed the usd for that reason, something US people can't do as usd is usually their primary currency.

If there is a workaround happy to hear it!

1 person likes this.
  15. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Word. Those are both mad mediocre.

16. flowcharts

flowcharts Senior member

I think a lot of people choose to remove the 'buy it now' feature for this (and other) reasons.

17. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

Just have the buyer send the additional $ in paypal after the fact. I've done this numerous times when international buyers have paid for something but have not actually paid for the international shipping fees (only domestic ones).

What they need to implement is the ability to include a domestic and international shipping fee in the listing and it pops up the option for the buyer before they actually purchase. So there's no "forgetting" about it when purchasing.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  18. soband

soband Active Member

agreed. Ann sits in a rather interesting a slightly precarious position where her work sort of got grouped into the whole "artisinal" and "goth ninja" aesthetics/movements, but the brand actually has a much larger scope than that niche, and a voice that, to me, is distinct.

tldr: Ann D has enough black drapey stuff for the mall ninja crowd but on the runways is a different ballgame entirely.

1 person likes this.
  19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I think a lot of guys just like florals, paisley and bold prints

Liberty is well known for doing menswear stuff in florals and paisley and have been doing it for year and years.

I would gladly wear some of the stuff from Bless AW13. (No 48)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Moderator

As I understand it, Ann hates being grouped with that goth-ninja thing. By her own description, her work is romantic. But it has very little in common with the arte povera style of some of those other brands. The ethos of brand like Rick, Ann, and Poell are very different, they just happen to look superficially similar. In fact, if you want to go with coherent designers, and represent the vision of the artists (lol), you should probably go full repro.

1 person likes this.