• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

If I ask a French shop for a thigh and rise measurement and they give me a waist and "forck/crotch" should I assume crotch is rise? The guy is trying to help me but language barriers and all I just feel bad that I have asked the same question 5 times in different ways.

outseam and inseam measurements (so from the waist, from the crotch).

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! I got it cleared up. Thigh and rise measurements just happened to be exactly the same.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ate a whole bag of almond brittle with no workout this week. I feel like a foodie slut.
We spent a week eating our way through Paris. Clown Bar was excellent, though definitely not cheap. Much more "global culture food with a French bent" then old fashioned French Food, which tbh, I rather prefer.

It's Les Papilles was really good too. There seems to be one couple who had a horrible time there (writing bad reviews everywhere,) and the owner, Bertrand, was definitely congenial, but I could see him as a dude you don't want to piss off, as well.

Miran style tangent: That was one of the best meals, and the company was great (@oisin , @Synthese and @conceptual 4est (formerly tween spirit), all my old Styleforum bros). It was also Omakase, which was great, because we were all tired, and ordering is more tiring. The first course was a pumpkin soup that had really nice texture to it, and good croutons. @Jen and Kyle thought that the soup could have used pepper, but we were not given it. The second course was a very good beefcheeks stew with root vegetables. Very flavorful, and the meat was rich, falling apart tender. Desert was a panna cotta. Well executed, but not as memorable as the savory dishes.

Also, we walked around eating macarons every chance we got, so... yeah, food sluts.

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Joachim bros released their trousers a few days ago. Interesting shape for people who want an extreme carrot cut.

http://www.lownn.com

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Can anybody help me find this Soloist shirt in the equivalent of a US S or M? (so, tagged M or L?). Ideally new with tags. It's from S/S 2015

Last edited:

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Wow that was fast, I didn't even think to reverse image search the pics. Thank you! It's a bit more than I was hoping :(

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trashlord pre-requisites.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
We have a great team of guys from Guatemala working on our new house here in the Bay Area. I am certain some of them are not exactly "legal" but that's not my business. None of them have visible tattoos, so that's good. Anyway, the General Contractor and his brother head the operation and are great guys. Excellent craftsmanship, reliable, mostly on time as much as a GC can be. I spoke to him a number of times about his life here (filled with some great and some tragic moments), and how it compared to his life in Guatemala. I expected sort of a "both places are great" kind of answer, but he basically told me that his life in the US is countless times better than in Guatemala. Here, he said, he owns his business, has a team, works hard but also gets paid well for it. In Guatemala the pay was trash and the work just as hard, if not harder. I have no doubt he does just fine for his family (I think we've paid the majority of his income for the last 3-4 months :embar:)... but the point is that if you are a nice person, have good hands, and a good work ethic, you do not need to be in a fancy profession to make a good life for yourself here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So many awesome projects right now:

Shoutout to NMWA @gdl203, @conceptual 4est, @willy cheesesteak et al - both CM & SWD
Shoutout to SF @LA Guy, @Synthese, @oisin et al (with SNS to come too!)

Waiting for @SuspensionPoint too.

:drool:

Not enough money.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shoutout to NMWA @gdl203 , @conceptual 4est , @willy cheesesteak et al - both CM & SWD
Shoutout to SF @LA Guy , @Synthese , @oisin et al (with SNS to come too!)

drool.gif

Not enough money.
Sell your furniture.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, here is a dilemna,

1) It is well known that fashion people do not have any muscle mass. I am hardly a huge guy, and let's face it my drop should be bigger (I'm Chinese and grew up with Italians, so...) but, a size 50 in the CCP scarstitch fits will to a little loose through the torso, but a pretty slim through the shoulders, back and chest.

So, options: 1) I don't lift, do pushups or pullups, and let my muscles atrophy like a proper fashion person; 2) I work out more, but with less lifting, so that I am actually in shape, then I get that jacket, and let a leather expert work on it. Or would that be sacrilege?

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Shoutout to NMWA @gdl203, @conceptual 4est, @willy cheesesteak et al - both CM & SWD
Shoutout to SF @LA Guy, @Synthese, @oisin et al (with SNS to come too!)

:drool:

Not enough money.

And they are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads