1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. ttam19

ttam19 Member

I really dig the DEN IM by SIKI IM stuff. A little less crazy and at great price point. Tried on some of the stuff, and the cut was great.

2. absolem

absolem Member

There are decent Beats products, I don't hear a lot of people complaining about Beats breaking and a couple of their models beat similarly priced models on sound quality. B&O home stuff does sound good, but for the price it had better. Their headphones and earbuds are pretty average though, if you like the sound signature then they can be good.

3. i can't even grow scruff. i'll never be styleforum now

4. mementomoriarty

mementomoriarty Senior member

sorry @lesamourai , I only have scruff so my students stop mistaking me for an undergrad. As far as I know not actually SF approved.

also I realized that fit was based off yours from early 2014.
    [​IMG]

5. YoungM

YoungM Senior member

A little late comment on the "FASHUN" discussion - I strolled around DSM this weekend, and man, that store has a vibe. I've wandered around some expensive stores in NYC, but only at DSM (on two occasions now) have I been completely surrounded by people who seem waaay more into fashion than I am. I own four pairs of CCP footwear.

Led to some introspection/discussion with the girlfriend on the way I enjoy fashion. I think I only ever made it halfway out of the SuFu/styleforum denim bro culture (which I say affectionately). Despite some borderline absurd spending, I still dress in a manner that is inoffensive to pretty much everyone. I have an Incarnation leather jacket, but it, like the CCP overlock it's aping, is really pretty tame. The wildest thing I own is probably a White Mountaineering vest in a ridiculously awesome fair-isle jacquard.

I'm happy with the stuff I have, and my relationship to that stuff, but something definitely appeals to me about a broader, more look-focused, adventurous approach to the whole thing. If I ever have loads of disposable income, I'll probably buy a ton of Dries.

1 person likes this.
  6. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

any suggestions for a small satchel/purse for carrying my iphone/cardholder/ipod around in? summer means no coats and i dont like having things in my pants pockets. 200$ish price range and leather would be ideal

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  7. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Senior member

I've been really happy with my Hender Scheme pig suede tote for a few summers now. I think I paid ~$85 for a new one direct from Japan then, but Gentry has them for $210 now.

Maybe check Rak city to see if you can get one direct from Japan still

edit: just noticed theirs is a single strap version, mine is a regular two strap tote, but seems like the same proportions.

2 people like this.
  8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

`
    Speaking of carrying things - who is it that did like, a leg holster thing, and has anyone done one this season?

9. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Senior member

we have a thread for that [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. LA Guy

11. Ragechester

Ragechester Senior member

spending $1000 on a used jumpsuit is probably wrong

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

You know you can own more than one pair of shoes right?

13. LA Guy

Oh, I had both. I just never wore any of my GATs. The only pair I really liked were the paper covered ones, and to a lesser extent, the light blue color of a few spring seasons ago.

14. LA Guy

In other news, Apartment Number 9 is closing. Another victim of the changing marketplace?

15. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I dunno, Apt 9 hasn't really changed with the market. They carry mostly boring brands with boring buys.

16. the shah

the shah Senior member

Damir Doma, once the ghengis khan of fashion, marauding across cultures of continental Asia, appropriating as his namesake conquered...he became consumed by the idea of haute-luxe, much as khan envisioned an empire without borders. But the horsemen were too few to guard their ever expanding territory, and Damir's reach was too short to break into the closets of the clueless nouveau riche or commingle with the marques exclusives of old money.

[​IMG]

But behold this linen coat. While the outfit as a whole is awful, this signals to me there is yet a glimmer of hope. Damir must break the chains of irrational aspirations, forced dreams of emulating that which he is not. Damir needs help. He needs to travel to the Himalayas. He needs to visit temples in Tibet, to meditate, and rekindle the spirit of genghis khan, and revive the embers of his nomadic visions. He can then be the comeback kid, return to France and destroy every designer out there, make the most insane collections, and then disappear like a ghost forever.

At least I can dream.

24 people like this.
  17. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I really want to go full trousers and no more denim (not that I have many anyways). The feel of virgin wool.....cant beat it

1 person likes this.
  18. habitant

habitant Senior member

Does sheep hair change after they have sex?

19. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

wHat

13 people like this.
  20. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

brb, rummaging through all my wool garments and categorizing them as either pre or post coitus

5 people like this.