1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

They look great. The performance is mediocre. I think that they are the Hugo Boss of audio equipment, though the analogy is far from perfect.

I personally like Sennheisers and I'm really in love with V-Moda right now. The Crossfade M-100s are very clear for a broad range (http://v-moda.com/crossfade-m-100/), but honestly, the LP2 work just as well, at least for me: http://v-moda.com/crossfade-lp2-matte-black-metal/ You can totally nerd them out as well, but I mean, do you want to? (fwiw, I got my son a pair, with like, initialized shields, but it's super nerdy.)

The trendiest and best looking headphoens that I've seen in a minute are Master and Dynamic: http://www.masterdynamic.com/ Every tragically hip boutique, from Colette to Fred Segal, are carrying their stuff. I've only had a chance to try them out once, and the sound was good. But they look pretty awesome, and the clean aesthetic will match your version of Margiela well. (0)

1 person likes this.
  2. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

Can I see this list? Also I'd like to get monthly subscriptions to the Fuumawisdom newsletter please.

1 person likes this.
  3. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

I have the B&O Beoplay A6 and A9 at home, both look and sound great but I'm no audiophile. I wouldn't get their headphones/earphones though. +1 on Shure

4. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I kind if want these Margiela two-face patent and textured leather things. Could this be a Gettoasty Yoox Moment[​IMG]?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Who makes interesting club master style sunglasses... Cutler and Gross?

Regis gonna be 2 face for Halloween?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  6. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

This guy (Tumblr co-founder) tried pretty much every headphone (even crazy expensive $5k pairs) and really likes the Bang & Olufsen H6.

https://marco.org/2016/03/02/beoplay-h6-v2-review

Been wanting to get a pair. East Dane sells them and discounts them during sales FYI...which combined with Canadian exchange rate makes for a pretty good deal.

I have a 1970s Bang and Olufsen turntable from an estate sale. It's awesome, but the cartridges are a proprietary design and replacements are $$$

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    2 people like this.
  7. LA Guy

27. Beats Pro: $350
    These are great if you don’t care about comfort, only want to hear bass, and would like to set a few hundred dollars on fire. Tried only in store.

Hilarious and true.

2 people like this.
  8. Eddiee

Eddiee Senior member

Ironically, that's a women's piece [​IMG]
    Anyways, any dude into fashion knows SLP style probably takes the least 'confidence' to wear out of any of those listed given how ubiquitous and conventionally accepted it is.

1 person likes this.
  9. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

Not to mention that the jacket the model is wearing in the pic that illustrates the "rocker" look is much louder than the jacket that the typical SLP guys wear, which is usually a plain L01 or L17.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  10. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

*Pictures Fuuma wandering the Appalachian Trail in a Moroccan shirt and headphones*

11. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

ftfy

1 person likes this.
  12. habitant

habitant Senior member

Fwiw I bought a pair of soundmagic e10s as beater earbuds and I'm shocked how much I like them.

Very detailed, comfortable even during excersize.

13. LA Guy

Because a bunch of you have asked about this:

So, it's been a long time coming, but we are able now to present the first two Luxire for Styleforum jackets. We took a lot of input (lengthened th standard jacket slightly, rolled the shoulders foroward) , made a lot of samples, etc.. and have endded up with a moto that was based on a Brimaco, but has morphed significantly, and a streamlined version of an English style riding jacket, based loosely off of a Lewis lightning. Both are available in black matte goat, and black, navy, "whiskey", and burgundy calf.

There is a significant discount for early birds and another for those "screwed by ToJ". Anyway, please take a look here:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/518949/luxire-and-styleforum-leather-jackets-official-thread

14. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

whiskey rider looks great

15. badeggcat

badeggcat Senior member

The website feels so nostalgic! The days of Web 2.0.

16. absolem

absolem Member

This guy clearly has a strong idea of what he likes, but it would be a mistake to apply his ratings to yourself unless you you're pretty sure you like the same sort of sound. B&O is more or less a lifestyle/fashion brand like Beats (except their market is much higher end) - the stuff looks nice, but can be beat on sound for considerably less money.

V-moda is the perfect fashion headphone brand imo, they look great, but are also built solidly and sound great. I disagree about the LP2s, I find that the m100 sounds significantly better. The master and dynamics sound pretty good, but at $400 there are better picks, like the oppo pm3

Someone mentioned the wirecutter earlier, seconding it as a solid place to get recommendations for electronics

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  17. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

You can't compare beats and B&O, unlike beats B&O actually makes good products, which aren't just $20 headphones with a couple weights in them.

3 people like this.
  18. mementomoriarty

mementomoriarty Senior member

self deprecating humor + boredom + MS paint =
    [​IMG]
    bonus extra one:
    [​IMG]

21 people like this.
  19. LA Guy

I have that jacket, and I am sure that a lot of other guys here still have it, or a variation if it. Never really embraced the GAT thing though. I was a Common Projects man.

20. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

I feel ya on this one man, I love Siki stuff and own a number of items, but so hard to find anything new. His stuff for this spring looks really cool, but not even a hint of it online