1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

This is true - they have one size for his standing/walking sequences, and one for his running, etc stuff.

Every since they went to TF his suits have gotten less "classic" and more extreme

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

It's not just for every "type" of scene. It's also for each specific scene, and can cause continuity editors conniptions.

For example, if you have a scene in which Bond is cut on his left side, then for every scene that occurs after that, if he is wearing that suit, it must be cut in the exact same way, same or growing blood stains, on the left side. Since films are not shot chronologically, and sometimes, in the editing room, sequences are put together differently from how they were originally conceived, sometimes entire scenes need to be reshot or very artfully edited.

I have some friends who work in the non-sexy jobs in movie making, and from what they tell me about the different aspects, it's like putting together a jigsaw puzzle that doesn't always fit together, and there is a lot of Hollywood magic to put together even a pretty crap movie. Have you ever seen the live footage of action sequences. Unless the stuntmen are really amazing and acrobatic martial artists, gymnasts, or some other exceptional athlete, in their own right, the raw scenes are often pretty funny to watch, and look a bit like that movie you made with your friends when you were ten, with the ninja suddenly disappearing from under his cloak after being cut down. Yes, a lot of my early filmmaking was influenced by Star Wars: A New Hope.

3. LA Guy

Thus the adage: There is no perfect fit. If something fits perfectly when you are standing, it will not fit perfectly when you are sitting, or walking, or whatever. You (well, I) am not a mannequin. You get a good fit, and work from there.

4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

Bruce Lee wore a reasonably slim, cropped mod suit for his Green Hornet audition.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Longer video with more moves around the 7 minute, 30 second mark:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    6 people like this.
  5. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

And thats why its so much fun to make movies and videos! Half the time right after someone finishes a good line read they can completely break character and do something stupid, but cut that out and voila! Magic

6. LA Guy

Oh yeah, I know. If I had actual time, I would love to learn the ins and outs of doing it. But... no, I just know how to wardrobe. Stores do love wardrobe though. It's a gigantic sale, right out the door. Picky, but big.

7. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

Sorry to bring this up again but what was the reason for getting rid of thumbs comments the second time? They save so much space and cut down on spam, especially in waywt threads where most of the posts are fits and quick compliments.

8. LA Guy

The 2 click process for EVERY like resulted in a across the board 40% decrease in use of the feature. A drop of the cliff, is the way things looked. It was one of the easiest calls to make. If it's ever implemented in way that requires only one click, we might try the feature out again.

4 people like this.
  9. JSAN

JSAN Well-Known Member

Why not have both next to each other?
    [​IMG]

10. arnoldpettibone

arnoldpettibone Well-Known Member

if you get an error when calculating the shipping cost, click the "Edit" button for the "Ship to" address and then re-save the address.

11. Gruff

Gruff Well-Known Member

Damn, well...Bruce was always the exception in just about anything. RIP sifu you were the baddest man alive in your time.

12. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

The CM side of the board is also just a bunch of people in suits fighting.

12 people like this.
  13. LA Guy

Shots fired?

14. baltimoron

baltimoron Well-Known Member

See if thumb comments were enabled I could have thumbed and added ayyyyy

3 people like this.
  15. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

Thumb comments would allow for dank memes, which are essential to any forum. I'm appalled that having to click twice would discourage 40% of posters from thumbing. I imagine the only way to bypass that would be to have a textbox pop up when a poster hovers over the thumb button, so that they can thumb with one click or provide a comment also with one click; seems doable, but I've no knowledge of web design.

1 person likes this.
  16. LA Guy

I would agree with that. As it is though, that is unlikely to happen.

17. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

5 people like this.
  18. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Well-Known Member

Wonder what styleforum would do to such an innocent robit

19. baltimoron

baltimoron Well-Known Member

Uh, I think it's pretty obvious that the styleforum version of that robot would tell its followers Hedi invented jodhpurs, double riders, and skinny pants / the 2030 last is shit / and go down a half size for barrie

4 people like this.
  20. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Well-Known Member

it would become a slightly more racist hirsh

2 people like this.