Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I've done it twice, just reconfirm 100x and check the shipping address. It's usually a business address and depending on the forward mailing service Google may bring up the actual business website upon address search. If it's legitimate the buyer usually don't fuss. I always judge by how the conversation takes place.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It's a pretty cool brand. I was told that it's named after the date of the end of the WWII and the beginning of Woodstock. I remember that there was some pretty excellent knits, but not that much beyond that.

3. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

Thanks, that does give a bit of peace of mind. Personally I thought the conversation (and the transaction as a whole) went a little *too* smoothly. Combined with the fact that he didn't say he was using a forwarding service til we had ironed out all the details, it struck me as fishy. Though I admit I'm very paranoid as a seller, I film myself sealing and dropping off nearly everything I sell.

4. habitant

habitant Senior member

I normally don't care for Rick Owens, but I really like these particular boots and think they will definitely go with what I normally wear. Anyone have any information on them?

[​IMG]

5. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

i want the soles on those to be a little thicker. as they are now they look like some kind of thing by clarks or camper.

6. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

I sold something on ebay once where the buyer had me ship to a forwarding service and went smoothly. I googled the address and it seemed like a legit forwarding service based in LA, the buyer also had it as a paypal confirmed address.

7. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Providing the address is paypal verified there's no problem. I've sold to forwarding companies before and bought using zenmarket on numerous occasions.As a buyer it's really frustrating when sellers pull transactions because they won't ship to a forwarding service.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

Damn that sucks bows hope you get your shit back. This is my worst nightmare so I never take good clothes period.

I wonder if they end up in some lost luggage heaven somewhere.

9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I always try to pack small and carry on everything - even when they ask if I want to 'check a bag for free!'

10. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I got it back! Woohoo, had to drive back to the airport in Brussels this AM but everything is there. So lucky I thought everything was gone forever.

Thanks for the wellwishes everyone, and Fuck RyanAir!

11. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Great result. Ryan Air regularly appears in 'worst airline' charts. To be fair though, I was informed by someone who works in the industry, that it doesn't treat it's employees much better than the passengers,

12. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Its awful, RyanAir nickel and dimes you for everything. Seating areas are tiny to fit more passengers and I heard that they skimp on gas when i was in Ireland. People over there are still shocked that ryan air has not had some major accident.

13. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

They closed their terminal in Denmark last year, after the workers union came after them.

14. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't get the hate. If you don't like them, don't use them. Seems like they're pretty transparent about offering the lowest possible prices by making everything a la carte. Of course their service sucks.

15. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I pretty much avoid anything below star alliance etc., if you have checked luggage, want to be able to cancel etc the difference is often times completely gone and with nicer carriers you get better seats, more legroom and free drinks.