• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just noticed I missed out on a sweet Inis Meain shawl collar on frans boone. :facepalm:

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw an amazing exhibit by Michaël Borremans exhibition @ Bozar (right behind the central station) when I was in Brussels (Sipang recommended it). The venue was great, you should see if they have anything interesting showing at the moment.

Last edited:

hennree

Reaction score

I'm in Brussels now! No recommendations though.

Nice - let me know if you find anything worth checking out. Whats your next stop in Europe?

I saw an amazing exhibit by Michaël Borremans exhibition @ Bozar (right behind the central station) when I was in Brussels (Sipang recommended it). The venue was great, you should see if they have anything interesting showing at the moment.

Thank you - I'll check it out

Frites and beer surely?

This sounds pretty fail safe

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Why not maison antioinette, it's been there since even before @sipang and I were playing basketball

boso

Reaction score
Brussels related for hennree:
Visited my girlfriend while she was interning in Brussels this summer. I don't remember much specifically restaurant wise because I was just in for a weekend and only know a bit of French, but I remember there being a lot of cool restaurants and bars in the Saint-Gilles district.

Also had a blast Museum van Elsene (Musée D'Ixelles). I would look into what they're showing.

Clothing Related:
I bought a uni t-shirt from the school I did a short exchange at in Tokyo made by Champion Japan and it's incredibly soft. Does anyone know where I can buy blanks online?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@hennree It's a few years since I've visited, but seriously fries/chips and local mayonnaise from a van were probably one of the best takeaways I've ever eaten - unbelievably simple, but they've just got the knack. Restaurants were from memory generally quite pricey compared to France, but with very similar menus - seafood was very good. Obviously waffles are a must try whilst you're over there, and Brussels is renowned for it's chocolate. I can't remember specific restaurants to recommend, but like London (and probably most cities) if you head a street or two away from the main tourist drags you'll get better food, and at a better price. There are plenty of small bistros down side alleys.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spent yesterday afternoon reading a Christmas present from a stepson: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/178067418X?keywords=denim dudes&qid=1451188768&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Highly recommended

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ And currently on sale for $4 on Amazon in the US.

Ordered—thanks.

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EU VAT refund is such a sham. You get back 12% (not 18%), it was promised in 3-5 days but it took about a month to get the refund (and still counting for some), and the rate for the currency back is terrible (another 5-6% against you).
But it was not as bad as the ridiculous rate offered by money exchange booths in France and Italy. ~€65 for $100 (market exchange rate was €1 = $1.06).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads