1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

Damn I can't really imagine sub 30 k living in Tokyo. Must be a real struggle life

1 person likes this.
  2. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

sheeeiiiitt I wouldn't mind paying $18 for a camembert sometimes if that meant I could get an unpasteurized one. Best I can hope for here is an export-grade Le Rustique

3. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior member

to be fair, rent and commute is also usually covered or at least subsidized by most Japanese companies, which makes that 30k go a lot farther

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I fully believe to be a successful politician, you need to be too incompetent to work in HR.

The local city council co owns 90% of all building plots (together with the government) and are selling them at a premium, while scream at the real estate world for being greedy and not building enough affordable housing, when they are actually the primary reason. They want $1450 a sqm of building right and for an affordable housing scheme to work all in cost can't surpass $3500, which is impossible for new construction here.

5. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

4 people like this.
  6. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The kid who films has the most annoying voice I've ever heard.

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Basic flannel shirts put out by Everlane, no button down collar. Collar actually looks long and wide, too. Hallelujah!

9. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Big question is will the net effect on white vans be positive or negative? White vans are fucking great

5 people like this.
  10. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

Too bad their sizing is fucking ridiculous -- stuff like 18" shoulders and a 15.5" collar on an XS...

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I'll wear my white checkerboard ones today.

12. zissou

zissou Senior member

Fedex is very concerned about the umbrella and fucking Marvis toothpaste order I placed with End.

11 people like this.
  13. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Senior member

Vans have been having a moment for a little while, as well as the larger universe of vans slip on style sneakers, so I'm sure it will continue regardless.

Think back to this Ray Ban video - it was a big deal for like a week or two (things on the internet moved slower back in 2007), but Ray Bans were already on an upward trajectory supplemented by tons of marketing in all avenues, so while the "viral video" aspect of it surely helped the Wayfarers positioning, it was just one piece in a very large marketing program. If you think of Damn Danny as the same, it really can't have much of a negative impact on something with such a positive trajectory already.

[​IMG]

14. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Due to stock being empty after I ordered, Barneys sent me an alternative pair of boots that I did not ask for. They even called me minutes after I made the purchase, to confirm if I made the order. It was returned of course. Free shipping and returns, and then they compensate me with a $25 gift card. Makes me wonder how often this happens, and just how much they lose from doing so.

15. accordion

accordion Senior member

I hope this starts a stussy revival and white vans start to replace white stans.

16. sipang

sipang Senior member

stussy never died

3 people like this.
  17. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

Not Barneys, but similar thing happened to me at Ervell webstore years ago when I still liked Ervell, twice.

First one. I emailed them ask if I could get a (sold out) S peacoat elsewhere. No response. Few hours later, a S suddenly "restocked". I purchased. They emailed me said it was an "error" in their system and suggested trying a M or XS, and offered free return if it doesn't fit. (Normally they don't have free return)

Second case. A piece went on deep discount, with popular sizes left. I purchased. They told me same story above, plus offered extra $25 off.

It was like they were trying to trick me into buying something they don't have. I asked for refund in both cases. They took over a month to do that.

18. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

1 person likes this.
  19. maxfulcrum

maxfulcrum New Member

Hey guys - let me know your thoughts for this idea.

You know left-breasted embroidery (think Lacoste, Polo RL). Well take that concept and instead of there being one logo or animal depicting the brand, the logo is changing depending on different collections. And in fact, the embroidery is a representation of some type of social, environmental or cultural initiative.

I've always been a huge fan of embroidered logos but thought because everyones brother and sister was wearing a Polo or Lacoste, it made me feel like i wasn't being individualistic by wearing those items.

Let me now your thoughts on this fashion concept.

Thanks,
    Max