Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

Yeah, jeans aren't really a problem, for the most part. My Momotaros are plenty long, but Sugar Cane always seems to be barely long enough. I have a few Buzz sweatshirts, and have to size up to get the length. They wind up being a bit of a roomy fit, which is fine for that vintage look. The Frank Leder stuff I have is no problem despite the shoulders being a bit narrow. SEH Kelly seems oddly too short for me. I find that there are many JP brands that I have to completely write off.

2. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

[​IMG]

I'm totally fine with this new feature [​IMG]

3. sipang

sipang Senior member

Is he still doing Helmut Lang ? Why is Helmut Lang still existing ?

4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

5. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Two thoughts

1. I still wonder if all the designers who've recently shuttered their labels could have assembled lists of their superfans and kept the labels open on a direct-to-consumer basis. Seems weird in our grand interwebs age that their operations have to either be Wholesale! Mass distribution! or not exist at all.

2. Hey Luxire customers: what's the most complicated garment you've had them duplicate? I got a coat from Yoox whose cut I love, but it only exists in spring-weight fabric. A flannel version would be amazing.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  7. jet

jet Persian Bro

Same here, my buddy was there this summer and he's a normal size/shaped guy and the owner of one store told him to leave bc he didn't have anything for him. He was pretty rude shockingly enough.
    If I'm going to do this I'll just make my own.
    Didn't watch vid but fashion in hip hop? It's all garbage, real shit was in the 80s and 90s when they were actually fresh. Now you got a bunch of clowns walking around parroting each other after parroting kanye. You alright mikey?

8. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've been on a a Gang Starr / Guru binge today. I don't know if the fashion was that great back in the day. But at least it seemed authentic and unique, not just brand whoring.

[​IMG]

9. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Saw them live a couple years before guru died and it was easily the best concert I've been to.

10. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Wait, leather pants, overlong shirts, and military-esque boots -- does Jet hate 90s hip hop fashion or 2015's?

11. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

hah, we'll at least it's not Balmain pants, Givenchy shirts and Yeezy boots.

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

He did it all, just to get a rep.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

1. Who are these superfans who are directly in touch with the brand? Most of them are fans through a retailer, and the brand has no idea of their spend. Also, direct consumer does not cut prices by as much as some would like you to think, since costs go up (marketing, logistics, CS, etc... now have to be much larger pieces of the equation.)

2. As long as the coat is not some crazy thing that has very special internal structure, or that uses complicated techniques, they can probably do it. Note though, that something and look and feel completely different in a different fabric. So you might have to do it twice. I mean, designer labels often go through more than multiple samples. Also, ask for zero design changes

14. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

Just needed a place to vent - I'm selling a RO jacket on [email protected] and got a crazy lowball offer with an accompanying message:
    "ay dude come on its the holidays im even sellin some grails for cheap just for the sake of xmas"

What he is currently selling: Supreme box hoodie for $360 (dropped from $400), Supreme floral hoodie for $495 (dropped from $550). I should give this guy a break, right? For the spirit of Christmas!

If you are post on this site, yeah I'm putting you on blast

15. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

What a sack of garbage