• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that this is a lot of it.  If you are lifting, sure.  But if you are doing serious cardio exercise, sparring, etc... you want some compression gear and a sturdy tech fabric shirt over that.  Cotton rips and or becomes mishapen much too easily, and it gets super soggy and drenched in sweat.  The stuff doesn't have to be expesnive though.  I think that the typical tech mesh shirt from Nike (what I wear) costs $35, and they last a while.  

Compression shorts/pants feel so good for oly lifts.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Compression shorts/pants feel so good for oly lifts.
I guess that I wouldnt know. Olympic lifts are something I have essentially never done. I was taught how to do them a couple of decades ago, but they were never used in our training regimes. But for circuit training, cotton sucks. Tech fabrics are strong and lightweight and fairly close fitting so that they don't flap all over the place.

Is it bad that I want to wear North Face Purple Label, Nonnative, and Outlier, all winter?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where to buy tech fabric t shirts? I just wear a cotton t-shirt to the gym and it kinda sucks

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
go devoa/viridi-anne/individual sentiments like me

Last edited:

Bussit

Reaction score
Saw that company the other day and wondered if they could get in trouble for using what's essentially become Margiela's logo.

Although, I guess they're small enough that maybe it doesn't matter.

mwink[1].gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where to buy tech fabric t shirts? I just wear a cotton t-shirt to the gym and it kinda sucks
Zappos? Nike?

http://www.zappos.com/nike-dri-fit-touch-s-s-heathered-tumbled-grey-deep-pewter-heather-black These are what I've been wearing. They look semi decent and are "semi-fitted" which is pretty relaxed. I am 5'11" and 180 lbs, and the medium fits "relaxed: on me. Do not get the "Legend" tee unless you are 300 lbs. I bought a M, and it's big enough to be a nightshirt. It would be relaxed on a 230 lb man.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zappos? Nike?

http://www.zappos.com/nike-dri-fit-touch-s-s-heathered-tumbled-grey-deep-pewter-heather-black These are what I've been wearing. They look semi decent and are "semi-fitted" which is pretty relaxed. I am 5'11" and 180 lbs, and the medium fits "relaxed: on me. Do not get the "Legend" tee unless you are 300 lbs. I bought a M, and it's big enough to be a nightshirt. It would be relaxed on a 230 lb man.
I bought the "Legend" tee because it was $22, instead of $35, or $45 for the shirts with mesh. I guess sometimes you really do get more for less.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mostly wear cotton shirts. I have a bunch of dri fit shirts that are probably 3-4 years old, but I find they cause a lot of static cling. Maybe too much body hair....

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that this is a lot of it.  If you are lifting, sure.  But if you are doing serious cardio exercise, sparring, etc... you want some compression gear and a sturdy tech fabric shirt over that.  Cotton rips and or becomes mishapen much too easily, and it gets super soggy and drenched in sweat.  The stuff doesn't have to be expesnive though.  I think that the typical tech mesh shirt from Nike (what I wear) costs $35, and they last a while.  

hmm in the texas heat i use to always run shirtless..

though drenched cotton is good because it helps cool you down. it dries really quickly in heat like that anyways.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer hair shirts for daily wear and the gym. Tech fabrics are alright, but they do a terrible job at reminding me of my fealty to The Lord

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmm in the texas heat i use to always run shirtless..

though drenched cotton is good because it helps cool you down. it dries really quickly in heat like that anyways.
I've never run without a shirt. It is a lose lose situation. If you are in shape and cut, you look like a smug douchebag. If you are not cut, you just look like a fat douchebag. A shirt always seems like a good idea. Or at least wear a singlet.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads