Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Is $50 for a pair of gym shorts fancy? I'm current gym shirt is a shirt I won at the gym, which is full of holes now.

Nike wants double that or more, their FC Real Bristol fake football team gear is $200 for a pair of shorts.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I prefer tech/ activewear to have more details, personally (e.g. Gyakusou). As is, that line just looks like it's selling black t-shirts and shorts with random Xs on them.

3. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Isn't tech/activewear and gym/training gear two completely different things?

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I removed all fashion blogs from my feedly bout a year ago but now missing it. Whats recommended blogs for fashion, from smaller places to bugger culture things from main newspapers etc.

5. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Black metal band tees usually aren't very comfortable to work out in, though. I was pleasantly surprised by the t-shirt I recently bought from H&M, beats the ones I have from Nike/Adidas/various metal bands. Cheap, well-fitting and comfortable.

6. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I just wear old/random loose fitting t shirts or tanks to the gym, and shorter basketball shorts

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I have 4 white Ts that have been on rotation in the gym for about 3 1/2 years now. I wear that and patagonia shorts because they are bullet proof and last. I prob look stupid, but so does the guy in Nike NSW with a headband doing bosu ball squats.

8. Ragechester

Ragechester Senior member

my gyakusou stuff is some of my most worn clothing, not so much to the gym but for running

holds up pretty well, but there are some major design flaws compared to more utilitarian looking clothing from patagonia or arcteryx.

9. msg

msg Senior member

I wear Ivebreaker or other wool stuff to the gym. Surprisingly light weight and comfortable and doesn't stink after one work out like the tech fabrics do

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

May just be me, but I find It difficult to find well fitting gym short, which aren't essentially briefs or 90's board shorts.

11. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^ HM sweat shorts...

I hate how much tech fabrics smell, people just reek. I just have bunch of old t shirts and a couple of pairs of shorts I rotate. You get sweaty, you wash them.. And black metal tshirts are fine for lifting if you dont size down.

12. sipang

sipang Senior member

I've pretty much been living in wool base/midlayers for the last 2 years and it feels great. Cotton is alright I guess but tech fabrics are worthless.

13. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

^^ no way, maybe if you're in a climate-controlled gym, but no way you can do any serious exercise outdoors in the summer without tech fabrics. Cotton/merino wool get way too heavy when wet

I've tried running in an icebreaker 140 shirt, just doesn't compare to a proper synthetic running shirt

14. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

Yeah, tech fabrics a must in my climate. They clean and dry much faster too.

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I think that this is a lot of it. If you are lifting, sure. But if you are doing serious cardio exercise, sparring, etc... you want some compression gear and a sturdy tech fabric shirt over that. Cotton rips and or becomes mishapen much too easily, and it gets super soggy and drenched in sweat. The stuff doesn't have to be expesnive though. I think that the typical tech mesh shirt from Nike (what I wear) costs $35, and they last a while.