• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So sick of people naming their places and brands with the convention of "nounANDnoun". Rivet and hide? scotch and soda? fig and olive? church and state?

Gtfo

www.hipsterbusiness.name

Portland is the worst offender. Salt and Straw, Bridge and Burn, and of course...

CPmTf8SVAAAaKJ5.png

Last edited:

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After watching Creed (awesome movie), I kind of want to invest a little more in slightly sporty fashion, which I end up wearing a lot anyways, including commuting to the gym. What brands are SF approved? Y-3? Nike flyknits? No Acronym or Rick Owens because I still want to spend majority of my budget on CCP etc. I just feel like a slob wearing uniqlo and stan smiths all the time.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After watching Creed (awesome movie), I kind of want to invest a little more in slightly sporty fashion, which I end up wearing a lot anyways, including commuting to the gym. What brands are SF approved? Y-3? Nike flyknits? No Acronym or Rick Owens because I still want to spend majority of my budget on CCP etc. I just feel like a slob wearing uniqlo and stan smiths all the time.
Y-3, Nike Sportswear, Veillance. Whatever athleisure is available. I just got a pair of outlier M-Back long crops (http://shop.outlier.cc/shop/retail/mback-longcrops.html), which are super comfy, and you and wear them with Flyknit 5, or something in the NB shape (I use Hender Schemes and ETQs) a shell and vest on top, and you are fine.

Essentially, tapered "active" pants are yoga pants for men.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So sick of people naming their places and brands with the convention of "nounANDnoun". Rivet and hide? scotch and soda? fig and olive? church and state?

Gtfo

Rivet and Hide makes sense though, they sell jeans and leather boots.

Want.  But they also size gigantic, apparently.

If you are basing it on the picture? You need to remember he has no upper body mass and it's sized a jacket, so sizing seems like it's reasonable.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rivet and Hide makes sense though, they sell jeans and leather boots.
If you are basing it on the picture? You need to remember he has no upper body mass and it's sized a jacket, so sizing seems like it's reasonable.
Based on the mesurements. And compared to what he looks like in other garments.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just looked at the size chart, time to put on some weight. Maybe you can force Charly and Dan into making one for you.

On the subject of horrible names, it's going to be intersting to see how this evolves.

http://www.tenthousand.cc

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the subject of horrible names, it's going to be intersting to see how this evolves.

http://www.tenthousand.cc
1) Those are exactly the same type, and even the same, exercises I do a lot of.
2) "Elevating" what is just a basic training session really pisses me off. It's not a ******* sport.
3) I dress like that when I work out, which pisses me off even more.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

1) Those are exactly the same type, and even the same, exercises I do a lot of.
2) "Elevating" what is just a basic training session really pisses me off.  It's not a ******* sport.  
3) I dress like that when I work out, which pisses me off even more.  

Saw that company the other day and wondered if they could get in trouble for using what's essentially become Margiela's logo.

Although, I guess they're small enough that maybe it doesn't matter.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I originally thought it was the mens version of Boutine LA, as it's essentially the same logo.

Cheaper than Nike, no gaudy branding/colors, looks well fitting and it the quality is acceptable, what's not to like.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never gotten into "fancy" work out gear. Whats wrong with black metal band tee, sweat shorts from H&M and vans/squat shoes?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Usually the guy in old ass champion shirt and fila shorts is the most jacked while the guy wearing full gyakuso is doing curls in the squat rack

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is $50 for a pair of gym shorts fancy? I'm current gym shirt is a shirt I won at the gym, which is full of holes now.

Nike wants double that or more, their FC Real Bristol fake football team gear is $200 for a pair of shorts.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I originally thought it was the mens version of Boutine LA, as it's essentially the same logo.

Cheaper than Nike, no gaudy branding/colors, looks well fitting and it the quality is acceptable, what's not to like.

I prefer tech/ activewear to have more details, personally (e.g. Gyakusou). As is, that line just looks like it's selling black t-shirts and shorts with random Xs on them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics