1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkI

MarkI Distinguished Member

Girlfriend has hinted at wanting a bathrobe for chrimmus, anyone have any recs?

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

A terry robe or something like a cashmere long robe for lounging around in? MY wife loves both, so I may have a few suggestions. Oh, right, and budget.

3. MarkI

MarkI Distinguished Member

Hmm, well she wants something to put on after she's toweled off after a shower, so a hybrid of the two? Definitely something cozy and soft and warm though. Im willing to spend up to 150

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Distinguished Member

Ah, yea. I think tapering looks like the only option. OTR options either tapered too much or dont have the big front rise of the 501 which I like. I can get a pair of sugar canes 1947 cheap from japan then taper them..

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Hmmm... $150 may be tight for something that is super nice, but let's see.

First of all, either go with cashmere or cotton, either fleece or terry. There are a ton of polyester robes, but these are always not as nice.

Something like this is nice: http://www.myhabit.com/#page=d&dept...3&sindex=4&discovery=search&ref=qd_all_sr_1_4

And if you want to go for Arlotta, which is sorta the standard cashmere robe at nicer but not ridiculous lingerie stores, you can get one for $299, but.. wait, if you sign up for Bloomingdales emails, right now, there is a "mystery discount" no lower than 20%, and they seem to be generally 25% off, which brings it to a much more manageable $225. My wife has worn hers to death, so I'm getting her one as part of her Christmas gift.
    http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/...308555&Quantity=1&seqNo=1&EXTRA_PARAMETER=BAG

The Ace robes are pretty fun: http://shop.acehotel.com/collections/robes/products/robe?variant=977519705

6. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I don't think brand matters much, I always have some at home and they remove cigarette and food smell pretty fast after a party.

7. johanm

johanm Senior Member

I've bought robes from Restoration Hardware as gifts a couple of times, seem to have gone over pretty well. They have both cashmere and terry in a few different options.

8. nicelynice

nicelynice Distinguished Member

For something right out of the shower I'd go with a nice cotton terry robe, higher end ones are soft enough for lounging even after you're dry. I ended up paying around $200 for a terry one for my wife's gift last year she loves it

9. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior Member

Wings and Horns/Reigning Champ.

I've had one for years, it's the best.

10. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Distinguished Member

Haha. Well you're in luck because you can get a pretty similar version of the tux tee cheap. I get a laugh out of the dino sweater at least and do kinda think it's ugly in a way I like. The golf jacket just seems kinda sad to me. It hurts my feelings.

11. zissou

zissou Distinguished Member

That feeling when a grail pops upon eBay with no BIN. Four and a half more days of waiting...

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

pretty interesting stuff on yoox right now

margiela

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bunch of Poeme already discount with up to 30% off. No one ever picks up the Poeme stuff. Didn't people laugh at the name when Nicolo made the switch? I had some nice Nicolo shoes at one point. Sad they were about half a size too big. They would be perfect right now.

13. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Distinguished Member

Speaking of robes, not for women, but the wife gave me one of these last year after I dropped a few hints.

[​IMG]

That's my answer to the house robe now. Can feel awkward answering the door to my rented flat in it though....

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

3sixteen x Hermann Miller is the biggest cop out I've seen since PS x Carl Hansen/Fritz Hansen.

15. Parker

Parker Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

nvm. surly rant.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.