Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

What is this? I'm picturing patent leather creepers like raf, damir, public school.

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

3. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The ribbon and the low cut of the edges (like a women's ballet flat) are what kill it for me.

Personally I'd wear patent leather lace-up shoes instead, ideally wholecuts but cap-toes wouldn't raise any eyebrows today.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015

4. OccultaVexillum

Oh I see. Would these still apply?

[​IMG]

(Yes, I own a pair)

5. GoldenTribe

Those would not qualify. The ones pictured earlier are formal shoes for black-tie wear.

A white / creeper sole makes those extra casual, and they are derbies to begin with, which are more casual than Oxfords, which are more casual than formal shoes.

6. OccultaVexillum

Ok. I have never heard of opera pumps before so from context that's the kind of shoe I was picturing, and I know a lot of people do find them terrible (esp the public school versions).

7. boozwah

boozwah Well-Known Member

Back to the t-shirt conversation that comes up all the time. Bought some crew neck t-shirts to try from DSTLD, and they did not work at all. Good prices, but the t-shirts are really thin and cut extremely slender and extremely long. I am pretty tall, but they looked ridiculous on me. The neck hole was cut pretty nicely though.

8. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Which one(s) did you get? I bought one of these and the material seems decently thick: https://www.dstldjeans.com/products/cotton-modern-crew-neck-tee-in-smoke

It's definitely on the longer side, but I wouldn't call it too long by any means and it fits pretty well sized up 1.

9. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

[​IMG]

10. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

apologies if this was spotted already, but some great trolling here from SLP

$450 for a tux tee

[​IMG]

$1,190 for dinosaur sweater, though this one's really not so bad

$2,690 for golf jacket (poly/cotton/acrylic) with happy astronaut image. detail shot:

[​IMG]

(he kinda just looks like a dude gardening in a spacesuit)

I wonder if the prices reflect the work of artisans in the old atelier carefully cutting the neckline of the t-shirt or crafting the happy astronaut

11. GoldenTribe

The pattern matching on the jacket looks pretty bad, with a lost sliver of moon on the collar and such obvious duplication of the same astronauts throughout.

I was expecting a cute dinosaur like the Jil Sander one, so I'm going to disagree with you, I think that sweater is really bad.

12. boozwah

The regular garment dyed crew necks. Yeah, for $20 its probably unfair to say they are too thin. Just seems strange to me for the shirts to be so fitted and so long. I'll probably keep the t-shirts and use them if I am wearing longer layers on top, but they are not something I'd ever just wear with jeans or shorts.

13. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, I reckon. Did you go TTS? I sized up on account of how slim they looked on the models, which I thought worked out ok either alone or as a layering piece.

It's cold and dark here, so no photos, but maybe I'll try to take one later this week.

14. boozwah

I went pretty TTS. I'm about 6 foot 180 and went with a Large. Yeah, trying them on again, they're not that bad. Looks fine with a jacket, but a little much by itself. I would be pretty happy with them if they took an inch or two off the bottom. Fit pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Darn 501 CT almost like the perfect jean for me OTR, but they taper down too much. 31 goes down to 6.75". Anyone got recc for something with the exact same top block that goes down to 7.5" or so?