1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

That sounds high as fuck.

2. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Distinguished Member

Hey anyone bought the new adidas kolor running shorts? I'm wondering how they fit and if i should size up.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Argh. Still want that Bottega keyfob. That, a new leather, and Visvim slipons.

4. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Just buy the fob, Fok.

5. trafficjam

trafficjam Senior Member

I'm just under a 33 true waist and I got Large kolordidas shorts. Probably could go down to medium, but am fine in a large if I cinch the drawstrings. I'd say I'm probably between sizes.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015

6. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Distinguished Member

FoK you're the rich owner of successful fashion forum styleforum.net you can easily afford this luxurious fob!

7. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I generally wear Birkenstocks inside the house, which is the only time I ever wear Birkenstocks. Lots of arch support.

Looks like they did a fantastic job. Anyway, not sure I wanna get a bag that's already $500 and needs another $200 worth of work (I assume it would cost something to get the strap modified so it doesn't dangle) even if the bag itself is pretty rad.

8. Caveat

Caveat Distinguished Member

I just ordered some Chacos for that purpose, but I also get cold feet really easily (and not just around women) so I want a more cozy option too.

The La Portegna espadrilles look kind of sweet.

9. Ragechester

Ragechester Senior Member

damn those koloradi shorts are sweet

10. Biggskip

Biggskip Distinguished Member

Or, better yet, he could just job to Bottega and they'd probably send him one for free. Thought he'd have to deal with his precious impugned integrity, which as we all know is a suckers game.

I didn't know this was a thing.

As somebody who participated marginally in Track and Field during the early 90's, I respectfully disagree.

11. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Distinguished Member

Uggs shearling slippers. I know. But they actually are great.

12. Ragechester

Ragechester Senior Member

As someone who was busy disrespectfully smoking drugs in the 90s..... I would run in them today. Cropped leggings are surprisingly good for distance running at least, they save heat but keep you cool.

13. LA Guy

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

Why don't you contact someone on Etsy and have one replicated. Or are you just chasing the Bottega name?

It's simple and discreet key fob. Nothing complicated. Yes maybe it will take you more time to sort out the specifics, which you probably don't have a lot of seeing how you're running this place.

Just my two cents.

15. LA Guy

1) I hate replicas. Either get the original thing, or just... don't
    2) I would rather not deal with the inconvenience of finding someone who can do the work. One thing that a company like Bottega does extremely well is the details, like the finish on the edges of the leather braids, etc... that, and a lot of the colors are proprietary, so you'd spend a ton of time finding the right leather, in the right grade, etc...
    3) I might consider custom job for something that is really dear, but I mean, even in North America, the price is $220, which, while super high for a stupuid key ring, is not, in absolute terms, particularly high. Honestly, if I could get a guidi grey ring in the same shape. without the woven leather, I'd be good with that too, but I don't even know who on etsy would have that leather in stock.

The things I like about this:
    1) the rectangular shape, which seems actually relatively uncommon.
    2) The layers of tiered leather.
    3) The trademark woven leather inset, which makes the thing a bit more interesting=
    4) The color of the leather, which is this dove grey that is fairly hard to replicate, and that is very likely proprietary.
    5) The fact that the leather that actually attaches to the ring is fairly wide. I can't stand those key rings that have a really thin attachments to the ring.

There are a lot of key rings, but a lot of them look a lot more rustic than I would like.