Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I have pretty much been buying everything from NMWA or the Hanger Project recently. Been on a kick of buying more CM stuff, so went a little crazy with Formosas and some hangers and garment bags for them. I think one more pair of Lobbs, a couple more shirts, a few wool trousers a bit better than BB, and one more suit and I could be done for a while on CM kops.

2. chupas

chupas Senior member

I have the classic cardigan and it is fantastic and built like a tank. Feels more like armor than wool. I'm a 38/smedium who is a small in a lot of American brands and a medium in most Euro/Japanese brands and I have the small cardigan, if that helps.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015

3. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Affiliate Vendor

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

I have one of these from a year ago when they did a suede body. its definitely not a jacket in that its not windproof (Cowichan style knits are somewhat loose) but its warm as hell and my favorite sweater. I'll wear it as a jacket when its above 40(f) but you'll want a shell or something over it. We stocked the anorak cowichan this year and it basically makes you look like a ski lodge spy movie villain, for better or for worse.

4. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

W+H cowichans are great, although I've never owned a "real" one, so there's that.

TFW you get your first "real" job and have to figure out how to wear the shit you like to an office. I don't need to wear a suit or tie every day but I don't know if I can pull off creepers and drop crotches. :/

5. habitant

habitant Senior member

How's the fit on it?

6. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Affiliate Vendor

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

pretty true - I'm typically between small and medium, and I opt for the medium in this (as I do with most of our gear). theres a bit of extra room but id rather it be comfortable than skin tight with such a tough wool.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

8. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

I hadn't seen this till just now.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

9. LA Guy

It's hard to do this and make the jacket look good. I've seen many more bad versions than good, especially on a more "traditional" jackt using more traditional construction techniques.

10. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

I found a good price on some rickyO prisoners ive been trying to find at discount, but shipping from france is 50 euro. Still getting them for a good price, but is paying 50$ (DHL) for shipping common?

11. LA Guy

A lot of stores have subsidized shipping. And the larger stores get big shipping discounts, and then further subsidize. But yeah, having shipped both to and from Europe, $50 is not un reasonable if you are paying the true cost of shipping via a fairly quick method from a small boutique. Estimate how much it costs for you, a private individual, to send something via UPS or Fedex, to Europe, and if it's like, a pair of shoes, you will get $150+ realllly quickly. The post office is considerably cheaper.

12. zissou

zissou Senior member

Have you ever tried shipping something back to the UK or Europe with tracking? USPS EMS is pretty much the cheapest, and starts at almost $50. That's for, like, a shirt.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015

13. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

Thanks, i had no idea. I might have to suck it up and send the french some extra paper money.

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I had to pay €50 to send a pair of shorts, from one european country to another, it cost €8 for the shop to send them to me.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015

15. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

It's tracking that adds expense (and if you go above 2kg). Untracked light stuff isn't generally too exorbitant (well not considerably more exorbitant than our inland rates).