• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, will check it out. I get excited over kitchens sometimes. Used to build them, now photograph them. My wife designs them.

HAY is cool. Really liked their store in Copenhagen. 

Interior design is weird. I think the ugliest rooms are often the ones that you can tell an interior designer designed them. I've shot the same beautiful rooms over and over again it seems. Instagram-fodder type stuff. Gets so boring. Eames, Noguchi, sheepskins, subway tile, live edge, terrariums stacked on coffee table books, etc. The interior design equivalent of getting gangbanged by the Mr Porter newsletter.

I much prefer spaces that look like they were "designed" piece by piece, over time. Designer stuff, sure, but mixed with vintage and cheap Ikea ****. Mostly I just don't like interior design. My wife is on a minimalist kick and I am starting to swing the other way, which is annoying. Douglas Coupland's house is nice.

Is there a US retailer for HAY ? I havent had a ton of luck finding it. I went to their flagship in CPH, really good shop.
Is there a US equivalent of affordable contemporary design that im missing?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Wore my zip Margiela shirt around the family this past weekend....best reception to any piece of clothing I own. Had to go around the "how much" and "where can I buy it" questions about five times. Won't make that mistake twice.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wore my zip Margiela shirt around the family this past weekend....best reception to any piece of clothing I own. Had to go around the "how much" and "where can I buy it" questions about five times. Won't make that mistake twice.
Regisfamily = basic bitches?

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@jet late entry but you could try Archival's sweatshirts; i've had one for a bunch of years now and I like it.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Well yeah man family motto is ******* it's too hot so a shirt with a cool looking zipper closure is top shelf

Last edited:

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Is there a US retailer for HAY ? I havent had a ton of luck finding it. I went to their flagship in CPH, really good shop.
Is there a US equivalent of affordable contemporary design that im missing?

Not sure about US, but Vancouver Special in Vancouver has it. Looks like they ship.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Someone rec me a sweatshirt. Don't want any heritage details, huge ribbing, short tight fit or sausage casing arms. Also don't want any poly just straight up cotton slouchy non-walmart fit. Was looking at uniqlo but highly suspicious of their product now that they've fucked the thing I bought most from them. I think I just need a proper loop wheeler.

There was a link to some cheap Niche sweatshirts in either the sales or ebay etc. thread that look good.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/176245/...-someone-should-kop-thread/13065#post_8178277

Last edited:

Ragechester

Reaction score
Think I found what I'm looking for, any reason why I shouldn't from hypebeast? They didn't do nobody wrong here did they?

standard shipping was unbelievably fast last time I ordered, less than 2 days

flowcharts

Reaction score

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Imagine Jet trolls us all and kops a Yeezy sweater.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't even know what a yeezy sweater is **** that guy.

I'm going full construction marsupial so I might cop some carhartts and red wings since it's my current gig by day. Wonder if the wip stuff is worth the premium over their standard workwear bullshit.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Yeezy Adidas sweater is 100% wool, costs $2860 CAD, made in Belgium for what that's worth, and looks like this:

Basically he is out-SLPing Hedi right now.

The taupe knit is a separate item. If it was part of the sweater and if it backed all the holes in the black knit, I would actually have thought it was cool, but the price would still be totally ludicrous then, and the real item as it is has none of that construction complexity.

Balenciaga/Loro Piana 100% cashmere sweaters cost half as much, and Dior -- even Morphine Generation -- has done more interesting distressing of knits.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Hopefully there won't be a season 2. Somebody needs to stop him already enough is enough.

I'll take two.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

A Yeezy Adidas sweater is 100% wool, costs $2860 CAD, made in Belgium for what that's worth, and looks like this:

Basically he is out-SLPing Hedi right now.

The taupe knit is a separate item. If it was part of the sweater and if it backed all the holes in the black knit, I would actually have thought it was cool, but the price would still be totally ludicrous then, and the real item as it is has none of that construction complexity.

Balenciaga/Loro Piana 100% cashmere sweaters cost half as much, and Dior -- even Morphine Generation -- has done more interesting distressing of knits.

I was contemplating the other day putting SSense in spam because I received four straight back to back "Yezzy is now available" emails

2,860 for waa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads