• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Used to, yeah there are a lot of really skilled Brazilians besides the somewhat obvious Sergio Rodrigues.

I'm such a nerd when it comes to this stuff, I don't know anyone else who gets excited over a kitchen.

Good contemporary furniture isn't exactly cheap either. Certainly not in the $100/side chair range Parker was discussing.

I don't know about that, a lot of the private label shops, actually have designs most people would find nice at that price point, the quality is not as a $400 chair, but there's a reason for that. There's also firms like HAY that do dining chairs, which retails from aprox $200, so it's not impossible.

Like what? 

There is a thread for furniture.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/83589/cool-furniture-design-objects-and-desiderata/0_10

But from the top of my head Alexander Gufler, Inoda + Sveje, Inch, Autoban, Michael Anastassiades, Jader Almeida.

Last edited:

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Used to, yeah there are a lot of really skilled Brazilians besides the somewhat obvious Sergio Rodrigues.

I'm such a nerd when it comes to this stuff, I don't know anyone else who gets excited over a kitchen.
I don't know about that, a lot of the private label shops, actually have designs most people would find nice at that price point, the quality is not as a $400 chair, but there's a reason for that. There's also firms like HAY that do dining chairs, which retails from aprox $200, so it's not impossible.
There is a thread for furniture.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/83589/cool-furniture-design-objects-and-desiderata/0_10

But from the top of my head Alexander Gufler, Inoda + Sveje, Inch, Autoban, Michael Anastassiades, Jader Almeida.

Thanks, will check it out. I get excited over kitchens sometimes. Used to build them, now photograph them. My wife designs them.

HAY is cool. Really liked their store in Copenhagen.

Interior design is weird. I think the ugliest rooms are often the ones that you can tell an interior designer designed them. I've shot the same beautiful rooms over and over again it seems. Instagram-fodder type stuff. Gets so boring. Eames, Noguchi, sheepskins, subway tile, live edge, terrariums stacked on coffee table books, etc. The interior design equivalent of getting gangbanged by the Mr Porter newsletter.

I much prefer spaces that look like they were "designed" piece by piece, over time. Designer stuff, sure, but mixed with vintage and cheap Ikea ****. Mostly I just don't like interior design. My wife is on a minimalist kick and I am starting to swing the other way, which is annoying. Douglas Coupland's house is nice.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Interior design is weird. I think the ugliest rooms are often the ones that you can tell an interior designer designed them. I've shot the same beautiful rooms over and over again it seems. Instagram-fodder type stuff. Gets so boring. Eames, Noguchi, sheepskins, subway tile, live edge, terrariums stacked on coffee table books, etc. The interior design equivalent of getting gangbanged by the Mr Porter newsletter.

I much prefer spaces that look like they were "designed" piece by piece, over time. Designer stuff, sure, but mixed with vintage and cheap Ikea ****. Mostly I just don't like interior design. My wife is on a minimalist kick and I am starting to swing the other way, which is annoying. Douglas Coupland's house is nice.

That is one of my pet peeves, especially combined with white kitchens.

I know its a kind of absurd idea, but it amuses me so... but I'm working on creating a home with only future design classics, which is sort of impossible to tell. I will either have an eclectic equivalent of the people who bought entire interior by Finn Juhl back in the day or end up failing completely, but either way I will have a home full of piece I really like.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else standing in this ridiculous line at the new uniqlo in Bellevue? Hoping to get in in less than an hour.

Zassiliss

Reaction score

Anyone else standing in this ridiculous line at the new uniqlo in Bellevue? Hoping to get in in less than an hour.

What exactly is the point of going opening day (or close to)? It's not like you're going to be surprised by what you find in there

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They usually have some insane promotions on opening day, besides that not much point really

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As a basis nothing, but they are a part of the matching AD set together with the CH34, Egg, Eames lounge and Noguchi table.

If you have a matching set you can get a feature.

If you have the new it chair the flagline you get an extra page.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How can a cap come in an empty case? Is it magic? If it is, it seems like a fair price.

Or even better Schrodingers hat box, until you open it you have bought a cap in a box.

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ha, no its the case it usually comes in at no additional cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads