1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I feel like you make this post twice a year, but the composition of the outfit described changes each time. Good to know you're staying hating with the times.

4 people like this.
  2. jet

jet Senior member

Edited for your bitchassness.

I only report massive swings in trends. Forgot to mention the requisite scalloped tee.

This is the outfit du jour. Of course I see lots of all black with red sneaks which is par for the course for a lot of these lemmings.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Can't hate on timbs tho

3 people like this.
  4. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

RFT x TTAMYH: Due to Xmas gifts and recent thrifting, I did a closet clean to make space. Found 5-6 ties to donate (and 3-5 that are on the bubble), but I'm at the point where I actually like every shirt in my closet. It's taken me a long time to get here due to figuring out how to fit myself and lack of funds. Next steps are stepping up the pants game (once I finally settle on a good fit) and replacing/upgrading lower quality staples (OCBDs especially).

5. Spehsmonkey

Spehsmonkey Senior member

Yea I noticed that pretty intensely last time I visited. Almost made me grateful for the Patagonia vest, blue OCBD, slim dark-but-not-raw denim, brown moccasins look of the SF tech douchebag

1 person likes this.
  6. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

i feel like i've never truly appreciated how dope-as-fuck EG is before 2 hours ago

2 people like this.
  7. sipang

sipang Senior member

how dope on a scale of BBJ to Cloak ?

(what prompted the epiphany?)

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I blame John Mayer.

9. jet

jet Senior member

Nah it's kanye.

sipang what brand merino thermals? cold as fuck here at night man high 30s

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Well, I think that I find John Mayer more annoying, so I'll blame him. Kanye is too easy to blame.

11. sipang

sipang Senior member

hah where the hell are you ? low 50s here at night at the moment, it's insane. can't even wear gloves or furs, no fun

merino thermals ? idk, i should get some but haven't looked into it. stuff from Icebreaker should be alright, I like Finisterre but no experience about their long johns (other labels to checkout: Woolpower, Devold, Brynje)

12. jet

jet Senior member

thought you were wearing some sort of merino base layer? uniqlo thermals are colder than wearing anything, i will have to break out some inverallan, cdw and shearling bombers soon

13. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

skintight heattech is pretty effective

14. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

cashmere crewnecks are my go to to keep warm.

I like EG but only to a point. The shapes and cuts are all cool. But the overall design vibe is like a 1950s Field & Stream on steroids. Too retro for me personally. Also too rumple-y and scratchy. I'm a sucker for sheen, luxury and drape.

4 people like this.
  15. sipang

sipang Senior member

oh right thought you were asking about leggings for some reason :/ most of my base layers are from Rapha because they often ended up being cheaper to order and have been solid so far. but Icebreaker is just a good in my experience (same for the other labels I mentioned). since the stuff is usually 100% merino wool, toastiness factor should be about the same across the board (at same thickness) and it mostly comes down to personal preferences (details, length, fit) so it's difficult to recommend one over the other

16. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Im in Heidelberg right now, then heading to Berlin for NYE. Im here visiting my girlfriends family, so its a bit different than a normal Europe trip.

What about you?

17. hennree

hennree Senior member

Nice. Wondered if you were planning on coming to England.

We were just planning on a quick trip to Brussels (Eurostar journey is about 2hrs from London) but theres a rail strike in Belgium on the 6th, 7th & 8th, so we're going to head to Lille for a couple of days afterwards and get the Eurostar back from there.:nodding:

18. 1969

1969 Senior member

Food yes, clothing not much. Off the top of my head there's Classroom which carries typical sf basic brands and Sid Mashburn that does #menswear.

19. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

The Classroom's buys have been getting better lately imho. Cool to finally have a store carrying CPs locally again.
    But yeah, it's all about the food here. Some random recs: Solario for Neapolitan pizza, Kaung Kaung San for Burmese, Pho Saigon for pho/bo bun and BCN Taste if you feel like balling out on tapas

Also there's a Wtewael exhibit at the MFA that looks interesting

20. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Look at how Fwrd styles EG: http://www.fwrd.com/mens-brand-engineered-garments/a3047d/ - yes it can look 50's Field & stream, but it needn't ;)

1 person likes this.