1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. bows1

bows1 Senior member

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

looks very tight below the knee, are those pics pretty accurate to how they fit?

3. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I've been spending too much time (and money) on zenmarket.jp recently. The Japanese to English translations seem to periodically disappear, but when they do show I can usually make a stab at what the listing says. It took me a while to realize that 'Food stored in Jacket' meant it had a built in hood rather than it had been used as a makeshift bento box, but I'm totally flummoxed by 'manure state' - any ideas?

11 people like this.
  4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

If you're buying a bow tie, they could be trying to sell you a shit bow.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    3 people like this.
  5. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member

6. jet

jet Senior member

Hundred bucks says if you have this done and tell her you exchanged it for a large she will proclaim how well it fits and rub it in your face telling you she was right.

Though you and your style forum brethren will ultimately have the last laugh, behind her back of course.

7. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Biodegradable? :D

8. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Speaking of zenmarket, anyone know what this means?

I'm assuming it means that someone else on zenmarket has also bid on the item. FWIW, I've e-mailed them about it, but the auction ends within eights hours so I'm a little anxious about getting a bid in now.

EDIT - It's gone now and I was able to put the bid through as normal. I can now go to bed in peace.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  9. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

If a seller suddenly gets a number of poor feedbacks they'll sometimes put a request block on (if they're very bad they'll completely stop you bidding). Items that might not ship overseas can have request blocks too - I came across a Paraffin waxed jacket, presumably blocked for 'Paraffin'.

10. habitant

habitant Senior member

If you want the experience of wearing a Paraffin coated jacket without actually owning one, just wrap yourself in Saran wrap. I had one and it was absolutely awful.

3 people like this.
  11. NCowardParody

NCowardParody Active Member

Any leads on some nice, cozy flannel pajama bottoms? It's time for an upgrade...

12. Tabooku

Tabooku Member

Hi, I don't post on SF much but I've lurked for quite a while...

Does anyone have any insight into transitioning quite suddenly to a new aesthetic? I'm at an age where I don't think it is too ridiculous to completely change ones style. I think this is a good time if I will ever do it as I'm pretty sure it's high time I took a step out of a very different closet.

13. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

My advice is: DON'T.

Build your wardrobe piece by piece as you define your own aesthetic, which will invariably change as you age. You're probably at the age where you think you need a dramatic transformation (because you're going to college, moving to a new city, etc. and want to reinvent yourself) but the reality is, you (probably) really don't. Buy a FEW pieces that match the new aesthetic you're aiming for (and I'm going to STRONGLY suggest that you go for the safer and cheaper options here) and see if you really like it or if it's just an impulse. If (and REALLY put a lot of thought into this. I'm serious. A LOT) ultimately, you think this is the direction you want to go, SLOWLY build it up, piece by piece (because like I said earlier, your tastes will change as you age). Otherwise, a few years down the line, you'll be stuck with a wardrobe you hate and out of a lot of money as well (sadface). The secondary market isn't what it used to be.

12 people like this.
  14. Tabooku

Tabooku Member

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.

I did say a 'sudden' change, although you could see it that way I am actually only going to buy one thing atm that I have earmarked. I'm sorry if I mislead you. I tried it on today but didn't buy it because honestly the thought of buying something like that came to me at the time and I wanted to let the idea stew. The piece I want is at a massive discount (£400>>£60) and I have a few ideas floating around about creating outfits out of stuff I already own.

With this in mind, would you say it is sensible to take the plunge? My main worry really is how people around me will react because this piece is waaay out there compared to what I usually wear.

15. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

post it here or in the should i or shouldn't i thread. how different is it from your current aesthetic? i think you should care more about how it looks with regards to your current wardrobe than what other people think about it as an individual piece.

2 people like this.
  16. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

@nahneun being friendly to newcomers [​IMG]

14 people like this.
  17. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

40% of the time, i'm nice 100% of the time.

2 people like this.
  18. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Have you told him to call you uncle yet?

19. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

the true uncle nephew relationship only exists within the confines of the artisanal clothing and footwear threads. everything else is superficial.