• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@thewho13 do you have a white moto jacket? i know you used to have a white 5 zip but i think i saw you walking around somerville today? tried to yell but you didn't notice.

Hm, doesn't sound like me—I don't have a white moto jacket. :/

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is anyone familiar with giogio brato? In the hunt for a geller bomber replacement i came across
this leather bomber...

Quality is always really nice, in Japan it's stocked alongside "artisanal" brands like Layer-0, incarnation. A lot of the design sometimes veers into eurotrash, but if you find a nice piece go for it

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quality is always really nice, in Japan it's stocked alongside "artisanal" brands like Layer-0, incarnation. A lot of the design sometimes veers into eurotrash, but if you find a nice piece go for it
In some US stores, like The Archive, it's stocked alongside the same. The branding is sorta lame, and yes, the designs veer deep into eurptrash territory, but that's just Italian designers.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ever since I moved UPS has been super unreliable. They consistently run late with delivery and sometimes show items as "delivered" even though I've been home the whole night and then the items randomly show up the next day or so. WTF.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't the Alden thread in the wrong side of the forum, i.e. shouldn't be in CM along all the shoe brands in the same vein like Allen Edmonds, Carmina, Crockett & Jones, etc.? Just got some Aldens myself so I checked that thread it feels super CM, it's mostly dress shoes and pants, people saying "wear in good health" and the official
2122.png
CM shoes pic pose with crossed feet.

No animosity here, I fluctuate between SWD and CM, just curious. Maybe because jet started the thread?

chupas

Reaction score
Ever since I moved UPS has been super unreliable. They consistently run late with delivery and sometimes show items as "delivered" even though I've been home the whole night and then the items randomly show up the next day or so. WTF.
This is a pretty standard trick used by overworked drivers to keep their deliveries "on schedule" and avoid **** from higher-ups. Especially if your deliveries are towards the end of the day, that is almost certainly what is happening.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cozyboyz

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh, and Farfetch have just released a luxe sneaker customisation system. http://www.farfetch.com/uk/editorial/myswear-exclusive.aspx

This sounds like a pretty clever way to woo the high-buying-power customer, for whom "wow! customization" might be a more appealing proposition than "wow! value for the money!"

That said, if someone were to leave a pair of white calfhair velcro high-tops at my doorstep tonight, I wouldn't object. It'll only cost you $1090.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads