1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It's super thin. We did a collaboration with them way back, and the leather is extremely thin. The integrity of the piece comes from the bonding on the back, otherwise thing would rip super fast.

Something like this: http://m-u.co/products/card-wallet-oxblood might suit perfectly, and it's really well priced.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015

2. LA Guy

btw, if you ever carry Guidi boots in lighter colors and in materials like horse (as opposed to baby calf or whatever), I will buy them. They are actually impossible to find. The only stockists who carry those babies are Japanese, and not only is it much more expensive, but they don't have sizes over 44, which is essentially a 43 for most of their models. So... annoying.

3. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Distinguished Member

Ditto for Buttero side zips in larger sizes. Very few size 45 boots this season, and it makes my gigantic feet want to weep podiatric tears.

4. Ragechester

Ragechester Senior Member

Dude try being a solid 47 and making 46s work, you don't know tears. I have written multiple makers emails about how if they carried larger sizes next year I would be their new best friend. I consider us lucky actually, imagine being over a 47.

5. LA Guy

For the price, I really, really, wish that Ann Demeulemeester and Margiela footwear didn't suck so much in make and materials. I mean, c'mon. You are pricing in the $800-$1K range. You can afford to use decent leather and like, non bargain basement construction methods.

6. Pangolin

Pangolin Senior Member

Margiela, sure, but Ann Demeulemeester shoes are well made in my experience. I have three pairs of derbies, all holding up really well, all made out of good enough materials.
    Not talking about sneakers though.

7. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

ann footwear has always been suspect in my experience, in fact almost all the shoes (including sneakers) i've handled have felt cheap and showed signs of poor QC (unintentionally inconsistent leathers, shoddy glue jobs, even one pair of black creepers felt worse than $100 mono docs i have) . not sure why Fok is wishing for the impossible, just buy something good and leave the garbage to its fans. incidentally, ann clothing is also horrible now from what i've seen, racks and racks of stuff. if both ann and mmm suddenly disappeared, the world would not suffer one bit.

8. LA Guy

I have more experience with the sneakers. They are actually... okay? But they could do a lot better for the price. Margiela footwear though, sometimes shows a profound lack of respect for the customer. I mean, throw in a welt. It's sooooooo easy.

9. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

We have the black ones in 44.5 (Buttero fits a full size large) and the distressed brown ones in 44.5 and 45

10. Francks

Francks Senior Member

I have three pairs of Ann D

1 pair of white suede sneakers
    1 pair of commando sole derby
    1 pair of side zip boots

None are glued but stiched, the construction is pretty good as well as the leather used. Very good quality for me. Far far from margiela (where some good pairs are still produced among the full collection)

One thing also regarding Ann D is that the shoes are all produced in Italy in a small factory exclusive to the brand (at least the case a few years ago).

I wouldn't talk about this secondary line (not aware of this one until recently) as I don't own any. But the quality might be lower since the price is
    https://www.ssense.com/en-gb/men/designers/ad-ann-demeulemeester

11. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Distinguished Member

Yeah, I was thinking about those sz 44.5 Brunellos but felt a little iffy about sizing down 1.5 from my true size (I'm a true 13, wear a 13 in New Balances, etc)

12. chupas

chupas Senior Member

I never thought sweater weather would return to the peninsula. Bring on Godzilla El Niño.

13. Pangolin

Pangolin Senior Member

I'm tempted to say that anybody who pays $800 for sneakers these days deserves to be ripped off...

14. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Distinguished Member

Maybe it's different in USD, but Ann D shoes have been over $1K for a bunch of seasons now.

For fw15 at Ssense, these low-top sneakers are $1,350 CAD:

[​IMG]

15. DLester

DLester Distinguished Member