• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
-Money Clip is the best thing that ever happened to me

-I have never done any sort of maintenance whatsoever on any of footwear....ever

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you keep your money clip in your back pocket? It seems like it would be uncomfortable to sit on.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

-I have never done any sort of maintenance whatsoever on any of footwear....ever

Do you have mud on the mean streets of MiA.

I have a credit card case with 6 slots, I never carry cash, so need for anything else.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

I really like my Maxx & Unicorn bifold wallet.

What's the thickness on that when it's folded, and do you keep it in your front or back pocket? It seems like the extra leather folds could make it kinda thick.

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the thickness on that when it's folded, and do you keep it in your front or back pocket? It seems like the extra leather folds could make it kinda thick.

Around 1cm, that's with 5 cards in it, plus a bunch of train tickets. I always keep stuff in front pockets.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That sounds doable. No water repellant? I'll just get a horsehair brush and black shoe cream then :)

I don't use any water repellant but I also try to not walk in rainstorms in calf. But calf can take the occasional rain.

I have never done any sort of maintenance whatsoever on any of footwear....ever

But you also don't go out to dive bars or do yard work afaik

ilikethelights

Reaction score

Been using this wallet for 3+ years, still looks new, outlasted many pairs of raw denim: http://leatherworksminnesota.com/store/dads-billfold
I've had this one for a few years and love it: http://leatherworksminnesota.com/store/money-clip-wallet-red-maple
Slim with a pocket on each side and a clip in the middle. Best of both worlds.

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I have never done any sort of maintenance whatsoever on any of footwear....ever

But you also don't go out to dive bars or do yard work afaik

True, I don't drink and my footwear is 99% boots....I don't know if Id be willing to the yard work in Margielas

Do you have mud on the mean streets of MiA.

Sand and salty air are probably the most I have to worry about

*Obligatory meanwhile in Finland*

Do you keep your money clip in your back pocket?  It seems like it would be uncomfortable to sit on.

Front Pocket. I only carry my DL, a CC, and an emergency bill. My dad has what looks like a baseball in his back pocket and I've promised myself I would never reach that point

basil rathbone

Reaction score

I use one of these as a wallet. Tiffany's money clip for when I have cash.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Why is it that every time my credit card info gets stolen, the person tries to use it to buy nutritional supplements? :puzzled:

Seriously, this is like the third time it's happened in 10 years and every time it's nutritional supplements.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why is it that every time my credit card info gets stolen, the person tries to use it to buy nutritional supplements? :puzzled:

Seriously, this is like the third time it's happened in 10 years and every time it's nutritional supplements.

Im trying to get swole bro

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
in an ironic and karmic turn of events, benes accidentally buys the wrong supplements and ends up with a severe case of gynecomastia.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics