Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

whatever you do, dont start reading the CM shoe care thread.

2. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

mink oil

3. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

i use the big horsehair brushes you get at the cobbler. cream polish in the color of the shoe should really be all you need otherwise.

clean the shoe if it's got stuff on it (use a damp rag), wait for it to dry, put some cream polish on another rag, wait a few minutes, brush it down for a minute or two.

4. js0930

js0930 Senior member

5. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I'd add a final polish off after the brush with another rag, and I periodically give them a coat of leather balsam, but yes it's not rocket science.

6. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Bought a neoprene Undercover Varsity off trailed. However there is no maker tag inside or brand tag and I feel like I've been had. There is also a stain in the front. I paid through PayPal. Any hope for my
    Money back?

7. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I just use Montana pine pitch when I first get them. Wipe them when they're dirty and put another coat of pine pitch in if its been a while or they look like they need it.

8. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

did you contact the seller yet? if they say no then you can go dispute through paypal and they'll probably side in your favor, especially if they didn't mention the tag / stain in the original posting

9. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I reached out and mentioned all these things. Haven't heard back yet but wanted to ask anyways. Not trying to screw anyone over, but I don't want to be either.

10. OuterHeaven

OuterHeaven Senior member

Anyone has experience selling/shipping to Estonia? I have done some transactions with folks from UK, France, Greece, Sweden,... not sure about Estonia though.

11. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I have a Bellroy note sleeve wallet that's treated me pretty well in the short time I've used it. I need to have a bill slot that holds the bills flat when it's open plus a place to hold a few cards. I don't like it as much as some of the more rugged all-leather stuff I've handled (like Ashland stuff), but it's more practical as a front-pocket wallet.

Weird request: any chance of having someone on-hand at the NY trunk show to take orders and measurements for the leather jacket MTO? I'm not sure where that falls in the timeline for launching it, but it'd be nice to have someone taking proper measurements, going over options in person, &c. Not sure how feasible that is given that Luxire is in what, India?

Re: hand talk: I'm both looking forward to and dreading some bizarro hand surgery I'm hoping to schedule later this year for a locking left index finger joint. The tendon or whatever gets caught on the protrusion at the base of the finger depending on how I move my hand and what kind of stress I put on the joint (benching, too much erging, doing pull-ups without power grips, that kind of thing). It'll be great to have the freedom to do whatever I want at the gym again, but the whole rest and recovery cycle may drive me insane. I don't even know how I'll work if I can't type. I'll figure it out - my boss probably types faster than I do, and he only ever uses his index fingers - but I think I'm in for a frustrating couple of weeks / months.

12. Aske

Aske Well-Known Member

If none of this was described in the listing you might have a case. Best to just let paypal sort it out instead of letting the dude decide if he wants to give you your money back.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I'll bring a series of samples. Should have them all by then, and will be able to.show you what we've done, in person, the reason for certain decisions, etc...

14. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Close enough? From A.P.C

[​IMG]

15. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I've been slowly re reading the Schneider forum from the start.

I'm sad I missed out on it when it was really bumping. I hope more of the contributors return