1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. dmash

dmash Senior member

Practically all chiropractic facilities are a joke, slinging all kinds of snake oil that schmucks fall for. Seriously, make a '1st' appointment and 1/2 of them will attempt to tell you something about how one of your legs is longer than the other, yet they can fix it with their in house products. Lol it's unreal how common that 'diagnosis' is and people buy it.

@englade321
    I fully agree with you saying only you can keep yourself well. However, in regards to PTs, the majority I've known (and that's a lot) were all pretty lazy, didn't push clients, treated their job as fairly clock in, clock out, etc.

The exception to this is the individuals who were affiliated with a sports team or sports specific rehab clinic. Some of those guys are fantastic and incredibly passionate about what they do. I couldn't believe the intensity I had even the first days of PT with those guys back when I tore my ACL.

2. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

3. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Guy at 0:41 got good hair.

4. msg

msg Senior member

I spent seven months with a wrist injury until I found a PT who would dry needle the muscles in my forearm and then the pain went away in a week. Not a doc, but if there's pain in your wrist and you've got a clean MRI, look at your forearm. Supple Leopard has a bunch of useful techniques too.

But man find a PT in SF who's been trained in dry needle. NFL uses that shit all the time and it works

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I'll look into it. To be specific regarding the injury, I got lazy on my form while incline benching and felt/heard a pop. Probably doesn't help that I'm using the mouse all day.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  6. msg

msg Senior member

Ugh. Go find a wrist doc and get an MRI. That's step 1. Had a similar issue, needed to wear a brace for 10 days and a cortisone shot. But stop sucking around with a chiro, you're just wasting time. MRI will point you in the right direction

7. Aske

Aske Well-Known Member

lol that kid mentioned collecting allowance, what is he like 18? oof

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Red, maybe. But blue, taupe and grey? With the latter two you can essentially get dressed in the dark and come out looking fine. Blue, especially like, a royal, can be a little tougher, but if you have grown up around denim, you should be able to tell tonality in blues and browns really easily.

9. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

Yeah Cyc please do see a hand surgeon. A scan will point u in a better direction.

Mr hare put out a really cool salmon skin shoe in his debut collection. Patent black leather derby with a metallic blue vamp..

[​IMG]

The stingray version looks great to me too..

[​IMG]

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

11. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

i mean the guidi shape + colors thends to come across pretty hard to style even the greys and browns are very unorthodox tones. I think they are easy to mess up esp the last few blue and red guidis i saw (or the greens)

12. Rais

Rais Senior member

Don't have experience with the suits, but I've bought sneakers, wallets, bags, and jackets from this brand for gifts for other people, and I've been impressed for the price when I handled them. I recently saw the wallet I gifted about a year ago and it still looked nice.

13. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

CCP rainbow trend maybe? I really dig white boots, as elBert pulls off usually and love A1923 blue dual zips. I guess most "baller" boots from brands tend to put out garments in darker colors and people who wear them usually center their fits around black.

14. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

I honestly don't understand how they can just change a contract. I understand things can change dramatically. But it's still an agreement between a store and customer. Unless a pre order is considered an extension of a store. It still seems as if it's something that would fall over to a store. It's one thing not being happy with how something feels or fits. But its another thing that it's made differently than what you had agreed upon through the pre order that's ran through the store.

You might as well say your gonna make a shearling jacket sourced from Loro Piana and the last minute change it to some shit pleather from China.

15. leeba

leeba Senior member

@LA Guy Would you consider making dope wool coats with Luxire? I know you're doing the leather thing for now, but I think there would definitely be a market for long coats with nice fabrics, good styling w/ options, MTM options (like accounting for shoulder type), etc. at good bang-for-buck prices.