Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. accordion

accordion Senior member

So a guy I sold a jacket to on [email protected] opened a paypal dispute despite admitting to me beforehand through e-mail that his post office most likely lost the package, even though the tracking is for the correct address and shows that it was delivered. I told him I'm not responsible, he agreed, but he still opens a case. Is he dumb or is there a chance he can get his money back either through me or paypal?

2. habitant

habitant Senior member

Well, he didn't get his item. So yeah.

3. bamgrinus

bamgrinus Senior member

Yeah, he can. It's why you should ship with insurance. I had that happen once where the USPS delivered a destroyed package to me with a "sorry" note. Felt bad about it because it wasn't the seller's fault, but I had to request a refund since I'm not paying for destroyed goods. I did at least make sure to give positive feedback.

4. accordion

accordion Senior member

so even if he got the package, claims he didn't even though all they evidence points to that he did, I'll still have to refund him from my own pocket?

5. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

6. chupas

chupas Senior member

This is precisely what signature confirmation is for.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015

7. accordion

accordion Senior member

8. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

I hope he is being honest, but it would be similarly fucked up for the buyer to be held responsible for something he never received.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015

9. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

If you have a tracking number that says delivered to his address, you will win every time (against paypal disputes, not CC chargebacks). BTW if the tracking number says delivered, USPS won't payout on insurance so it would of been no help.

10. bamgrinus

bamgrinus Senior member

So what if they deliver to the wrong address? That happens all the time.

11. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

When you get an email about your green pre-ordered Yang Li bomber which should have looked like:

[​IMG]

Instead was produced like this:

[​IMG]

And you are offered store credit because no refunds on pre-orders and there's nothing you want.

12. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

What the hell, that sucks man

13. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Yeah it's a risk with pre-ordering for sure. Not really the retailers fault, but I feel like when the discrepancy is this crazy maybe there should be some kinda policy where there is a discount on the wholesale price and its passed onto the customer laf, but maybe that's just entitlement speaking.

14. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I thought ebay's profiling was getting better but the latest 'sorry you missed out on, but may we suggest...' email following being outbid on an EG button shawl suggested a £5 transparent plastic poncho...

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It really is more like.., lack of knowledge speaking. Between the time a sample is made, and a piece goes into production, a billion things happen. Fabric becomes unavailable, the designer decides on changes for a variety of reasons - from purely practical concerns - the integrity of the piece (it could be that that specific satin, like a lot of satin, shreds much too easily at the seams), to aestetic ones - the satin doesn't look military enough compared to the rest of the collection. Things are tweaked all the way until the last moment. Of course a retailer cannot offer refunds or a huge discount. They already went out of their way to accommodate a preorder. Preorders are profitable for the retailer, but if and only if there are no refunds or exchanges, period. Otherwise, a retailer could get stuck with 200 pieces of something, and be forced to eat the costs, because the sizes are all over the place, it's out of whack with their regular buy, etc...