• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

More 'workwear' (horrible term but it will have to do) inspired collections do seem to cover the larger sizes better. At 6'1" a 43" chest and 36" (on a good day :embar: ) waist I'm at the extreme end of many designers ranges, and beyond an awful lot. I know mid-40's flabby English men aren't probably the key target audience, but there are a lot of younger fitter guys much bigger than me.

This is why I like some actual workwear, Margaret Howell and old European brands.. EG in XL is by far too small for me (6'4,45 ish chest, and perhaps 34 waist), but I can wear an L or XL in Howell. And Japanese brands are a horror to size, I gave up years ago. Swedish fashion brands on the other hand tend to do a decent XL/54, with long sleeves.

I should probably get into Dutch fashion.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which is weird because Jun himself is not a small guy. Daiki Suzuki and his bro who designs ts(s) are likewise pretty big dudes. Of course EG makes a reasonable XL
He has slimmed down a bit - maybe to a large 38, small 40, whereas before he thicker, but still, probably a size 4 or 5 in his own brand. He caters to his audience.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can someone help me with Japan yahoo auctions? I'd like to purchase these. I know some people here buy from Japan Yahoo all the time and have it shipped to the states. What's the way to do it? Thanks in advance.

jwalterweather

Reaction score
Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me with Japan yahoo auctions? I'd like to purchase these. I know some people here buy from Japan Yahoo all the time and have it shipped to the states. What's the way to do it? Thanks in advance.
Related: what about south korea? Tempted to get some stuff from here http://hififnk.kr/ and they do offer internation shipping, but at 50$ it seems awfully steep compared to japanese shipping prices available through FromJapan.

Or maybe Japan just has way cheaper shipping than Korea in general? If anyone is from there and would like to help proxy, do please send a pm.

Last edited:

nineohtoo

Reaction score

I don't care how incredibly impractical this is and how yellow it's gonna look in a few months... I want to wear this jacket with some clear high top sneakers, like some nikeid air force ones.

Last edited:

Ragechester

Reaction score
Has anyone ever come across scientific social studies about WAYWT? I know there are tons of selfie studies out but thats not the same at all.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone ever come across scientific social studies about WAYWT?  I know there are tons of selfie studies out but thats not the same at all.

I'll happily rpoduce one with an appropriate research grant :D

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watched a tv show today about the 1% and a professor claimed that it's more difficult now than 30 years ago, to move from the lower/middle class to the 1%. That guy should be fired, for being ignorant.

Last edited:

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ why should that be obvious? Show me the data on increased social mobility..

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Watched a tv show today about the 1% and a professor claimed that it's more difficult now than 30 years ago, to move from the lower/middle class to the 1%. That guy should be fired, for being ignorant.

It apparently is. Social mobility was greater in the Roman empire though and it wasn't necessarily a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads