• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dutch diet is disgusting.

Vegetables grown in Holland--tomatoes, spinach, etc---have NO TASTE WHATSOEVER.  they taste bland and like water.   That is because they are grown in either greenhouses with no sunshine and in artificial light, or in artificial soil from land reclaimed from the Zuiderzee.  

Other than that, Dutch diet doesn't really have much of a difference compared to the English or Germans.  The French eat a lot more cheese and milk products than anyone else.  But in terms of meat, England Holland, France and Germany are the same.

Also, when it comes to vegetables, Dutch don't really eat it.  Their cheese is **** and mass produced, like in Wisconsin.  Things like Parrano are cheap copies of Italian masterpieces like the Parmegiano Reggiano.    The Gouda and the Edam were good in the old days, but today it's mass produced cheaply for export.

There are bakers in Holland?  How old are you?  Maybe in 1960.  Today there is nothing but Starbucks.

Not sure if serious.

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Hagelslag is the best.

typethetext2

Reaction score
I hope not. I wouldn't recommend insulting a Dutch person about their cheese to their face.

I don't understand...I wasn't being rude, I was merely stating facts!

Besides, the Dutch are notorious for being "DIREKT"...aka, straight-forward, to the point of being rude. Even more so than Germans.

Or are we talking about some imaginary Holland, where people don't smoke 200 cigarettes a day, where they eat only fresh lean meats, fresh vegetables that taste like heirloom organics like eaten by Mrs van Buren, and the finest Gouda cheese....where children speed skate on frozen canals in the winter while playing hide-and-seek in the windmills and the fragrant tulip fields in summer, where handsome perfect-figured 6'2" Greek God-bodied men in white shirts, Incotex pants and braces, wear wooden shoes while doing country dances with buxomed blonde maidens wearing that ridiculous black-red-and-white driedl-like thing..

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True. I am a 40 US/UK. and a size 5 in most of his stuff fits me. That is his largest, huge guy, size. I am not a huge guy except by some fashion people and/or Japanese standards. When I went to Austra for the very first time, I walked into a bar, where, I will swear this before all, no man was under 6'3", and not woman was under 6'.
Which is weird because Jun himself is not a small guy. Daiki Suzuki and his bro who designs ts(s) are likewise pretty big dudes. Of course EG makes a reasonable XL

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which is weird because Jun himself is not a small guy. Daiki Suzuki and his bro who designs ts(s) are likewise pretty big dudes. Of course EG makes a reasonable XL

More 'workwear' (horrible term but it will have to do) inspired collections do seem to cover the larger sizes better. At 6'1" a 43" chest and 36" (on a good day :embar: ) waist I'm at the extreme end of many designers ranges, and beyond an awful lot. I know mid-40's flabby English men aren't probably the key target audience, but there are a lot of younger fitter guys much bigger than me.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

I'm looking to buy a Larose ballcap. How do they compare to Ebbets? Other than being more than double the cost.

They fit kinda weird IMO, at least the 5-panels. I tried one and it sat way higher on my head than an EFF 5-panel. Ended up returning it.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

More 'workwear' (horrible term but it will have to do) inspired collections do seem to cover the larger sizes better. At 6'1" a 43" chest and 36" (on a good day :embar: ) waist I'm at the extreme end of many designers ranges, and beyond an awful lot. I know mid-40's flabby English men aren't probably the key target audience, but there are a lot of younger fitter guys much bigger than me.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, miran just typed 6 posts and only said "mrs van buren" once

Last edited:

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They fit kinda weird IMO, at least the 5-panels. I tried one and it sat way higher on my head than an EFF 5-panel. Ended up returning it.

I bought one, I hope it works out. I already find that ebbets sit too high.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

yea Swedes are pretty tall, but Dutch people more so (tallest people on earth at the moment).

In Amsterdam I see some of the "biggest" people in the sense that they are both tall and large, viking invaders tend to be taller than me however a lot of them are rather slim/athletic while many Dutch are built to throw tree trunks in their spare time.

They're also responsible for this masterpiece.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gf and i decided to take a 2 week trip to japan and korea next summer. How do I even start planning such an undertaking?

She's got family in Korea and I have friends there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads