Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior member

2. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

I have an eBay notification set for a few magazine back-issues. One issue in particular has been popping up every week for a few months, i.e. nobody is buying the thing even though it's $5.

I finally got around to asking the seller for a shipping quote from Pennsylvania to Toronto, and he told me it can't be shipped to Canada. It's a five-dollar magazine, and I'm right across the border.

:violin:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  3. habitant

habitant Senior member

I know! I was confused, i thought this was another H&M collab.

4. zissou

zissou Senior member

@Synthese, I'm glad you made it to Mister Freedom! Will you have more photos to share? I still haven't made it to the shop.

5. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

Why no one does tapered jeans? And I mean tapered, not a gentle narrowing below the knee.

I like small leg openings (say 6,75 - 7 inches) but my thighs (I need 11,75 - 12 inches at least) won't let me wear skinny jeans unless I size up like crazy. Not that I want to wear skin tight jeans at all, but having shitty calves compared to my thighs I do look for small leg openings because even slims look like regulars.

I know of a couple of jeans with sharp taper: Uniqlo loose tapered and APC Kanye jeans.

I saw recently the Unbranded Tight Fit has 6.65 cuffs and 11,75 thighs for a size 32. So that looks like something I'd like. Their Tapered Fit has a 7,8 inches hem in size 32.

So is it geneally a bad idea to have such a sharp taper? Even for builds like mine?

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Cuz it's hard to do and easily looks bad. Looks like a carrot.

Also IMO if you want taper but have big thighs I think the best way is to get slim straight jeans and pinroll them if you want taper. Something about the slight bagginess but slim profile looks good to me.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  7. jwalterweather

jwalterweather Senior member

I haven't had experience with them, but I know some people say Levis 501ct fit like Uniqlo loose tapered.

8. leeba

leeba Senior member

Is it possible for dudes with rounded shoulders without a lot of natural width (i.e. somewhat narrow bone structure, but with some meat on said bones) to not look like a gorilla with raglan sleeve stuff? I half-want to get this

http://thearrivals.com/mens-lee-macintosh-coat

but I have a feeling it's going to look bad on me, especially from the back with the way the seams are. I tried their storm parka and the fit was pretty terrible, shoulder construction is a little different which gives me hope for the mac though.

9. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

that coat doesn't even look good on that guy.

that's a very interesting and seldom heard weird body image anxiety thing you've got going on there. if anything I think if you have broad sloping shoulders go ahead and accentuate them, better to look masculine and burly then have a straight up and down ladyboy silhouette.

10. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Oh man, The Arrivals reminds me so much of a certain other clothing brand from San Francisco. You want the clothes to be as great as the story behind them, but... no

11. Bam!ChairDance

Speaking of which, KVA should reproduce the best patterns from his namesake brand and sell them online at wholesale prices. Or through StyleForum Market. I mean, it's not like he's using his cool ideas for Dior Homme rite?

12. JSAN

JSAN Senior member

I think his better ideas go to DH, the SS10 sneakers are the better versions of the KVA multilaces.

13. Bam!ChairDance

Hmm I've never paid much attention to his sneakers. Been more a fan of the outerwear-- he's made some sick jackets in the past. The Arrivals could learn a thing or two:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

So there's a startup in SF that's business plan is to "securely link physical goods to an Internet representation of those goods, with applications for authenticity, ownership, and provenance tracking." They're starting with sneakers.

They're hiring for a variety of functions including "sneaker authenticator". @willy cheesesteak

The VC one of my friends works at invested into the seed round.

In semi-related news... Flight Club offers financing now? That's at least as bad as bottle service financing.

15. Bam!ChairDance

that's some "picture of dorian gray" shit right there