1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. Caveat

Caveat Distinguished Member

WTF at needing to know how much money someone makes before you can decide if they look cool?

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

i will not be sleeping October 2

3. Mulan

Mulan Distinguished Member

I'm already camping out. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

In all seriousness, I'm going to try pulling some strings. My cousin knows a guy who organizes new stock at the SoHo store.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

The wide brim hats have reached critical mass and there should be sort of rule about. How many people in the same room can wear them at one time.

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

Share your hook up, Mulan?

6. milosh

milosh Senior Member

You guys think this colab will sell out that fast?

7. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Distinguished Member

If there's anyone willing to proxy that stuff, do please PM me.
    (Sorta want 2-3 of the womens pieces too, so if anyone with similar tall/skinny-ish proportions to me that could potentially see if it works could do this proxying that'd be a plus)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015

8. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Distinguished Member

speaking of gender bending, next uniqlo collab should be Rad Hourani.

9. habitant

habitant Distinguished Member

Shouldn't you be the one proxying or am I missing something?

10. planetarium

planetarium Senior Member

Probably not in store as the general Uniqlo clientele is still looking for basics for cheap, especially for their kids/teens.

Online it could reach sneakerhead levels of hype because it one of the first affordable representations of the European new minimalism that has started to appeal to many millennials on fashion forums, instagram, and tumblr, people who at this point only approximate the look with what little has trickled down because they cannot afford the original designers (not a value judgment, I cannot either if I want to save for anything else).

11. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

It seems like a much bigger collection than +J though, iirc that sold pretty quickly both times except for the basic shirts and pants that lingered and restocked. Hopefully its a matter of, if you buy n the first few days you'll be OK i wouldnt expect it to be around for more than that.

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

The current number of Uniqlo shops in Scandinavia is........... 0, so that is not going to sustain his proxy business. ;)

I don't understand why they haven't opened shops here yet, as their Heat Tech stuff would go like bread right out the oven.

13. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Distinguished Member

Bought a ton of Saphir shoe care stuff the past couple weeks, along with some Hanger Project hangers and garment bags for the Formosas I bought recently. Finally got around to cleaning up the drivers I've been wearing to work.

Holy crap does this stuff work wonders. These drivers needed a ton of love, but now they pretty much look better than the day I got them. I've used Reno on products for a while but doing the whole procedure made these shoes glow.

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

In case any of you are not following our instagram (instagram.com/styleforum) now might be a good time to start. We have Neil from A&H magazine in Hong Kong, which is where my parents are from, and which I haven't visited for many years now.

What I do remember of it, though, are the constant city sounds, some close, some far away, all blending into soothing white noice; the twenty four hour energy (it makes NYC at night seem tranquil); and most of all, the smells, both the good - food smells everywhere, from street vendors with fried wrapped rice noodles in the morning, served with hoisin sauce, to the enormous and bright banquet halls, to the Da Pai Dong of the night - street restaurants serving noodles, blood pudding, any food you might want well past midnight, to the pleasant/terrible smells of waste being damped by the warm sea, something i"ve never smelled anywhere else.

I have no idea what Neil's experience will be, but I'm stoked to find out: instagram.com/styleforum

15. planetarium

planetarium Senior Member

heading back to Japan in October, got stuff I wanna drop by in Tokyo and Sendai, but from there I'm catching a boat to Hokkaido and will be tramping and hiking all over the place

love to hear Hokkaido recs if anybody has them, gonna be based out of Sapporo for a few days and then traveling around to smaller towns