1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. 13k

13k Senior Member

@Synthese small world, I'm going back to visit LA this weekend since moving to SF over a year ago. Will be binging on kbbq and soju and you're welcome to join. Will start sober this time, I promise.

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

Did someone say dogs.
    [​IMG]

3. nicelynice

nicelynice Distinguished Member

That's very cute I already sent to my mom

4. Naka

Naka Senior Member

I think it's a combination of silhouette, layering, texture and colour that aren't marketed to men due to them being (generally) far more conservative. Adver/Editorials are generally where all of the good men's styling lurks but this also varies widely among publications. I'd love to see @diniro doing some styling work, as his scope of silhouette and colour texture etc is the most adventurous and well-developed among regular posters here.

Also a shoutout to our friends from CT who need their fix during summer break.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015

5. nicelynice

I went to CdG and dealt with the jerks there, can't take this pants stuff.
    are non-iron hidden placket shirts too much to ask for?? Does such a thing even exist? I need five of them

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Distinguished Member

7. nicelynice

Fine you do my ironing for me :)

8. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Distinguished Member

I just buy standard non-iron shirts and cover the buttons with my hands. No one can tell, usually

Also, it's crazy that a basic pair of pants has eluded you like this! Is there some feature/cut you're looking for that's missing in all the pairs you've tried?

9. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

they don't have the b!cd ice cream man stamp of approval

@snowmanxl non-iron hidden placket shirts in nice fabrics, please :slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

10. Bam!ChairDance

Ice Cream Man doesn't wear pants. So many ice cream drips that he just stopped bothering.

11. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

but what if the drips are the stamp?

12. nicelynice

I'm trying to find a pair with loose thighs and a taper below the knee, which is hard to find in dress pants. They're either slim the whole way down and don't fit my butt or wide-legged, which is alright I guess. I usually buy the wider cut of CdG or N Hoolywood but I was hoping for something different. Lad Musician was my great hope but the store had almost nothing as they're between seasons

13. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

No Lemaire? You should be able to find some around still at 50% (<$200). Though they are probably going to be navy or neutrals.
    AMI carrot fits. Usually he does them in some kind of tropical wool in the summer and wool flannel in the winter. I think even at full retail they are like $350 in the U.S. So probably like $200 in JP?

14. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

Also I feel like I've seen Undercover and Soph. doing dress pants with a relaxed cut the last few seasons.
    I else you're just looking for basic, 3 pairs for $100 then I don't really know. Rakuten for some +J's? They're not that loose though.

15. Bam!ChairDance

Oh yeah, I'd imagine the "in between seasons" thing will be the killer here. Feels like purgatory.

I have a pair of Les Hommes trousers from Yosef Oox that fit a bit carrot-shaped despite not being advertised as such. So there's hope out there-- keep sifting through stores that carry European brands I guess?