1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Distinguished Member

I feel like shortly after Toms hit the scene, espadrilles became chic and more and more footwear became, like, an ode to burlap.

2. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

looks like a duck boot had sexy sex with a chelsea boot...the result is unholy.

3. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Distinguished Member

Honestly I feel like the strapped Chelsea boots from Lobb would be a great look in both the MMM wardrobe and the SLP wardrobe. If I wasn't trying to populate a work based wardrobe with Formosa and Aldens, that would be my next move.

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

Duck boot?

Reminds me of @StanleyVanBuren

You'd wear this, Mr. VanBuren?

5. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Im going through a huge Cuban Heel phase. No Cuban heels no dice...

6. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

7. indesertum

indesertum Stylish Dinosaur

i just realized my common project achilles are 5 years going on 6 years strong. i wear them like every other day especially in the summer. i even played basketball in them once with my legendary college basketball team. no rips and no need for resoling. my GATs have long passed away after several resuscitations. my geobaskets need resoling, i go through a pair of chucks like every year, but the CPs are still standing. leather has molded to my feet, they feel so comfortable too, and I love the hard sole. Whole thing still feels like quality. Dreading the day I have to buy a new pair cuz prices seem like they'll gone up like crazy

still want a pair of ann D chucks. and still a little mad @nahneun talked me out of so far my favorite model of them (the fold down ones)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015

8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Distinguished Member

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Dude, I have a pair of Neil Barrett sneakers from about the same time that I got married. They were one of the first designer companies to regularly use the serena sole. It's not stitched (that really became more common after Common Projects became popular). They are suede, and beat to shit. There is actually a little bit of rust on the eyelets. The sole has still not worn through. I wear them around the house. and to get a coffee, or whatever. If you want a sole that will last forever, that Margom Serena sole is as close as you'll get. It's by far more durable than anything I've ever worn, sneakers, boots, whatever. And the fact that they are a high cup sole makes it so that they do not wear through to the stitching, ever, nor are they susceptible to catching a curb, stairs, etc...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015

10. CityHunter

CityHunter Distinguished Member

I guess this would be the thread to ask this...some (mostly) older Junya Watanabe and Comme des Garcons Homme jackets can be worn inside-out to reveal a more...flamboyant (for lack of a better word) version. To anyone who owns any of these types of pieces, do you ever wear them inside-out? With the label/tag exposed and everything? I only see them worn like this in editorials...and once in Japan. But they can get away with anything there.

11. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

Yes

Just gotta go for it. The only tag that feels a bit awkward is the size one, but typically the design is such that it makes sense - pockets in the appropriate places and so on, so that it wears like a normal piece of outerwear despite a few tags showing.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015

12. kmert

kmert Well-Known Member

Not just older Junya, this has been a consistent feature on all shirtjackets of the past few winter and summer seasons. Personally, I would probably remove the label tag before wearing it inside out, but the wool flannel shirtjacket I got last year is functional as hell, with (inside) pockets everywhere. They're not cheap though, even at 50% off.

13. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Distinguished Member

Current dries fw has very nice reversible, colourful and quilted "linings" - super cool

14. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior Member

Schott has some nice sweaters, reasonably priced too.

15. accordion

accordion Distinguished Member

I use achilles as gym shoes and they've held up pretty well. The firm sole is great for squats, and they're somewhat heavy too which keeps the heels down. I just wish they were more wide-feet friendly so I could size down. And also I can't walk in them for a long time without softer insoles.