• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like shortly after Toms hit the scene, espadrilles became chic and more and more footwear became, like, an ode to burlap.

Prudy

Reaction score

Man I hate the boots but I love the look.....I don't know what to think of these

looks like a duck boot had sexy sex with a chelsea boot...the result is unholy.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly I feel like the strapped Chelsea boots from Lobb would be a great look in both the MMM wardrobe and the SLP wardrobe. If I wasn't trying to populate a work based wardrobe with Formosa and Aldens, that would be my next move.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Duck boot?

Reminds me of @StanleyVanBuren

You'd wear this, Mr. VanBuren?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Im going through a huge Cuban Heel phase. No Cuban heels no dice...

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i just realized my common project achilles are 5 years going on 6 years strong. i wear them like every other day especially in the summer. i even played basketball in them once with my legendary college basketball team. no rips and no need for resoling. my GATs have long passed away after several resuscitations. my geobaskets need resoling, i go through a pair of chucks like every year, but the CPs are still standing. leather has molded to my feet, they feel so comfortable too, and I love the hard sole. Whole thing still feels like quality. Dreading the day I have to buy a new pair cuz prices seem like they'll gone up like crazy

still want a pair of ann D chucks. and still a little mad @nahneun talked me out of so far my favorite model of them (the fold down ones)

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just realized my common project achilles are 5 years going on 6 years strong. i wear them like every other day especially in the summer. i even played basketball in them once with my legendary college basketball team. no rips and no need for resoling. my GATs have long passed away after several resuscitations. my geobaskets need resoling, i go through a pair of chucks like every year, but the CPs are still standing. leather has molded to my feet, they feel so comfortable too, and I love the hard sole. Whole thing still feels like quality. Dreading the day I have to buy a new pair cuz prices seem like they'll gone up like crazy

still want a pair of ann D chucks. and still a little mad @nahneun talked me out of so far my favorite model of them (the fold down ones)
Dude, I have a pair of Neil Barrett sneakers from about the same time that I got married. They were one of the first designer companies to regularly use the serena sole. It's not stitched (that really became more common after Common Projects became popular). They are suede, and beat to ****. There is actually a little bit of rust on the eyelets. The sole has still not worn through. I wear them around the house. and to get a coffee, or whatever. If you want a sole that will last forever, that Margom Serena sole is as close as you'll get. It's by far more durable than anything I've ever worn, sneakers, boots, whatever. And the fact that they are a high cup sole makes it so that they do not wear through to the stitching, ever, nor are they susceptible to catching a curb, stairs, etc...

Last edited:

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess this would be the thread to ask this...some (mostly) older Junya Watanabe and Comme des Garcons Homme jackets can be worn inside-out to reveal a more...flamboyant (for lack of a better word) version. To anyone who owns any of these types of pieces, do you ever wear them inside-out? With the label/tag exposed and everything? I only see them worn like this in editorials...and once in Japan. But they can get away with anything there.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Yes

Just gotta go for it. The only tag that feels a bit awkward is the size one, but typically the design is such that it makes sense - pockets in the appropriate places and so on, so that it wears like a normal piece of outerwear despite a few tags showing.

Last edited:

kmert

Reaction score
Not just older Junya, this has been a consistent feature on all shirtjackets of the past few winter and summer seasons. Personally, I would probably remove the label tag before wearing it inside out, but the wool flannel shirtjacket I got last year is functional as hell, with (inside) pockets everywhere. They're not cheap though, even at 50% off.

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Current dries fw has very nice reversible, colourful and quilted "linings" - super cool

Bortelli

Reaction score
Schott has some nice sweaters, reasonably priced too.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use achilles as gym shoes and they've held up pretty well. The firm sole is great for squats, and they're somewhat heavy too which keeps the heels down. I just wish they were more wide-feet friendly so I could size down. And also I can't walk in them for a long time without softer insoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads