• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been reading a Hardy Boys book to my 5 year old. He's into it.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Combining my two favorite things - Margiela and the Tropics....not as nice as I would of though

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Budget Qasa's that are safe for driving?

I got my Qasa's ~2 weeks ago and honestly, driving is in them is sketchy as hell. Obviously I just take them off when I get in the car now but it's something I never anticipated with a pair of shoes.
Climachill sonic boost

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Qasa sneakers are nice, but expensive for what it is, especially when Adidas, has an entire Tubular collection with similar aesthetic.

Last edited:

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How is there anything convoluted about Snow Crash?  It's over the top and a ton of fun but convoluted is not a word I would have ever thought to use to describe it

Well, I was just halfway when I said that. The story is coming together now.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why does it seem like menswear brands with futurist leanings are everywhere, but when you want to track down a good ol' fashioned lapelless coat, it's really hard to find? That's why I love stumbling across new labels that fly the futurist flag. Doing their part to rid the world of unnecessary things like charm and personality. Here is Ethosens FW15:

This has a louche vibe to it that I´m really digging. The color, the cut and the drapiness of the pants make for an awesome look, very relaxed as well.

Landscape

Reaction score
Best way to soften the front of a baseball cap? I guess I should just wear it, but I hate when the front is all stiff, looks silly to me.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Best way to soften the front of a baseball cap? I guess I should just wear it, but I hate when the front is all stiff, looks silly to me.

Thumbs to the middle, bend so then edges touch, then curve inward. Roll the apex point left and right until desired curvature reached. Repeat.

See also, Borsalino.

Landscape

Reaction score
Thumbs to the middle, bend so then edges touch, then curve inward. Roll the apex point left and right until desired curvature reached. Repeat.

See also, Borsalino.
It sounds like you want me to bend the brim? The brim is fine, it's the front of the crown (?) that's stiff.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
to speed up the aging process, punch yourself in the forehead repeatedly while wearing the hat, as well as without wearing it, and rub coarse sandpaper over the crown as well as your head. This is what they do to get good washes on jeans so I imagine it will work for a hat too

Landscape

Reaction score
Confused, face is bleeding from small scratches, not sure it helped, what next?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

to speed up the aging process, punch yourself in the forehead repeatedly while wearing the hat, as well as without wearing it, and rub coarse sandpaper over the crown as well as your head.  This is what they do to get good washes on jeans so I imagine it will work for a hat too

why do you seem so salty lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads