• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure people answering these "why is this popular?" question with some "celebrities" are just making up names as they go, I mean unless people like Lil papi exhedrine wombat or whatever actually exist but I really don't think so.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with/recommendations for food in Montreal? Nice dinners, some pastries, and some pretty lunch spots maybe?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASAP Rocky (whoever that is -- asking rhetorically because I don't care) has caused the recent run on Needles stuff. Too bad since I felt a lot of the good stuff flew under the radar during the last few seasons.

I'm pretty sure people answering these "why is this popular?" question with some "celebrities" are just making up names as they go, I mean unless people like Lil papi exhedrine wombat or whatever actually exist but I really don't think so.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some big attractions would be smoked meat from Schwartz's, Montreal style bagels from St-Viateur
poutine from just about anywhere

Wish I knew more off the beaten path places but I haven't been there in years. Such a cool city.

edit the botanical gardens is also pretty sweet if you're into that

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have no desire to buy **** this sale season. There's 3 or 4 things I'm looking at it but probably won't ever buy.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in this too, I'm heading up there this weekend.
Les Estoffes is worth checking out. It's been a while since I was there last but they had a decent range of Lemaire and a few other interesting brands. I think they're not far from Schwartz's too which is a cool part of the city.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone know sizing on Levis 511? If I'm a 32 in 501 with a true 32" waist. What should I try in 511?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
New Yorker article on Craig Green's work for the new Alien movie

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/on...ear-jacket-worthy-of-drake-and-alien-covenant

Beauman-Craig-Green-Alien.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am normally sympathetic towards North American retailers having to mark up their goods compared to their Japanese counterparts, though the stronger Yen makes things a bit more even right now.

However, it's hard to justify the $815 pricetag on these Nonnative sneakers at SSENSE (https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/pr...ZDrqkWUFKxge6-D9q-mGJ8Y7t7eJXgLGq2hoCjO3w_wcB) compared to the $395 pricetage at Bodega (https://shop.bdgastore.com/collections/nonnative/products/nonnative-dweller-trainer-mid-2) which is where I picked up a second pair... One is expensive but pretty much in line with Japanese retail and fancy ass sneaker prices in general. The other is just insane.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
artist friend was featured in a show i worked on in sydney last summer, a few weeks later she got an email from one of ridley scott's team asking if they could use her drawing in the film. (i had to my best saul goodman impersonation and negotiate pricing). interesting how these things come together
(it's in the trailer at 00.30 ).

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cash me in 511s and wallabees low this summer. My style has gone back to early 2010 SF. I like these desert treks.

Clarks-Desert-Trek-Cola-Hairy-Suede-26123201_6.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads