• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions on the pants! Schneider and Unused both look really good, although I might spring for those Epaulets because of the fuller fit. Have a pair of F/W pants like that I like and was hoping to get something for summer.

@OccultaVexillum, if you happen to think of any more, let me know.

@Parker, what's Sansabelt? Is it this? Looks like dress trousers, no? (Or maybe I'm being trolled)

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
hah, yeah sorry DWW. That was a lame attempt at humor. Sansabelt is the Rodney Dangerfield of beltless pants. They were famous for inventing some kind of Daks-type elastic waistband. And they made a lot of polyester pants in hideous 60s-70s patterns and colors.

“Facts should be like SANSABELT pants; adjustable to fit your needs.”
- Stephen Colbert

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions on the pants! Schneider and Unused both look really good, although I might spring for those Epaulets because of the fuller fit. Have a pair of F/W pants like that I like and was hoping to get something for summer.

@OccultaVexillum, if you happen to think of any more, let me know.

@Parker, what's Sansabelt? Is it this? Looks like dress trousers, no? (Or maybe I'm being trolled)

Because I'm too lazy to google "loose pants", could you give me the links? And those to the fall ones as well, since I escape the heat as much as possible.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were famous for inventing some kind of Daks-type elastic waistband. And they made a lot of polyester pants in hideous 60s-70s patterns and colors.

Seems like a sensible idea, pre-downfall toj trousers had a similar feature iirc.

Those Epaulet ones look the best of the bunch, self belt on fitted trousers feels incongruous somehow.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Because I'm too lazy to google "loose pants", could you give me the links? And those to the fall ones as well, since I escape the heat as much as possible.

Don't have a link cause the item is sold out, but I bought these Tomorrowlands last season. Fabric is a heavier weight Melton wool (although not as heavy as a peacoat), so it's too warm for summer. Was hoping to get something like this for warmer days.

Like the fuller fit and wider belt, which is what's drawing me to the Epaulet version.

(An aside, but I don't know how to spoiler in the new system. Anyone know? Feel bad for posting a string of pics)

2.jpg
23896-02-Img1721_1470094537.jpg
23896-03-Capture0030-30_1470094538.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't have a link cause the item is sold out, but I bought these Tomorrowlands last season. Fabric is a heavier weight Melton wool (although not as heavy as a peacoat), so it's too warm for summer. Was hoping to get something like this for warmer days.

Like the fuller fit and wider belt, which is what's drawing me to the Epaulet version.

(An aside, but I don't know how to spoiler in the new system. Anyone know? Feel bad for posting a string of pics)

View attachment 138972 View attachment 138974 View attachment 138973

Here is how you can spoiler something:
upload_2017-4-30_2-21-1.png

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@msg twister is also around in "ocean". Notre and (I think) Spruce have it.

DWW - Those tomorrowland pants are what I had in mind when you said self belted, so that is what you want, not just a drawstring waist right?

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone tried Royal apparel retail basics? Its like $15-30 made in USA basics.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
what did the final count look like?

it wasn't even high, something like 22k but i just got distracted after putting in a bid and came back to find i had been sniped by 0.5k :confused:

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
buys some new faded blue denim.

(already has 4 pairs of faded blue denim)

somehow ends up at a leather jacket website while scrolling through the forum - looks at MORE faded blue denim

wtf is wrong with me :fu::fu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads