• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
eidos was great but the sizing was so ******* inconsistent it was kind of a joke. i've owned jackets that were tagged 52 and 58 and the 58 was smaller.

also the shirts were the biggest disappoint ever - awesome fabrics but with a 27" body and a 29" sleeve in size L...

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m a pretty schizophrenic dresser, so I like 18 East, but not because I skate. I used to, but now if I fall and break an arm or sprain a wrist I can’t use my tools, so...there’s that.

The baggy vibe appeals to me nostalgically and is incredibly comfy. I don’t like everything in the line, but the pieces I have bought I really REALLY like and wear usually around the house, on slow weekends, and bbqs at friend’s houses.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wtf I want to drop a grand to look like an oil slick
black-squid-colour-on-black-full-side-helmet-left-2752-1377x600.jpg

black-squid-colour-dark-full-side-no-hood-2752-1377x600.jpg

black-squid-full-3-4-back-wet-2752-1377x600.jpg

does this make you more safe or less safe when a predator comes to earth?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m a pretty schizophrenic dresser, so I like 18 East, but not because I skate. I used to, but now if I fall and break an arm or sprain a wrist I can’t use my tools, so...there’s that.

The baggy vibe appeals to me nostalgically and is incredibly comfy. I don’t like everything in the line, but the pieces I have bought I really REALLY like and wear usually around the house, on slow weekends, and bbqs at friend’s houses.

18 East isn't really my jam (although I love certain things from the line and I really, really enjoyed the first drop (also, I enjoy the IM collaboration)), but I respect what Antonio's doing - specifically, offering a unique product with a cool viewpoint at a fair price point. The line has started to drift in a direction that I am unable to relate to - skate culture has never resonated with me at all (I am a skier who always had a friendly dislike for snowboarders, so maybe that is where it is from?). But it seems to resonate with a lot of other people, which is all that really matters.

At day's end, I think it is cool that Antonio is making something that vibes so strongly with his viewpoint - i.e., Indian fabrics and skateboarding and Vermont. Not many people get a chance to do that, and he puts his all into it. Just happens that I struggle to relate to it, which is OK!

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
18 East isn't really my jam (although I love certain things from the line and I really, really enjoyed the first drop (also, I enjoy the IM collaboration)), but I respect what Antonio's doing - specifically, offering a unique product with a cool viewpoint at a fair price point. The line has started to drift in a direction that I am unable to relate to - skate culture has never resonated with me at all (I am a skier who always had a friendly dislike for snowboarders, so maybe that is where it is from?). But it seems to resonate with a lot of other people, which is all that really matters.

At day's end, I think it is cool that Antonio is making something that vibes so strongly with his viewpoint - i.e., Indian fabrics and skateboarding and Vermont. Not many people get a chance to do that, and he puts his all into it. Just happens that I struggle to relate to it, which is OK!
Drop One was absolutely my jam.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the appeal of Golden Goose sneakers, anyway? Is it a hypebeast thing?

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the appeal of Golden Goose sneakers, anyway? Is it a hypebeast thing?
No idea, the whole label is terrible imo. On another note, these don't look half bad, but >200€ for NB, ninja please.
M997END_launches_hero_landscape_4.jpg

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hadn't heard of Golden Goose before, but that is some A-tier bullshit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads