• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Id hate to not own much clothing.

Minimalism is for the birds.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do one in, one out for pairs of shoes (well, most of the time), but that's just me trying to make it harder to justify new purchases, and off-setting the costs a little too. But for the most part...yeah, I have no desire for minimalism.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^that's a sound policy too and often times you may make a new purchase you like more than something you currently own though i find that rarely to be the case these days as I think design isn't as good as it once was for the most part

also i buy quality, ethically produced clothing but it's not like i'm constantly buying **** anymore...in fact I only make a few cops per year if that

except of course a couple uniqlo joints i'm guilty of

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
my shoe rule for awhile was 12 because thats what fit on my shoe rack, now its 12 + 2 pairs of viberg in another room, now some shoes on the floor.........

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Feit chelseas from Canoe Club and... they're really awesome. I love Feit. The hiking metal boots are really cool this season, and I've been wanting their chunky chelseas for a a few years now.

They do a really cool thing that I like A LOT. Basically with the boots you get a pair of buffalo leather insole AND a cork insole. You can take both out or just have the leather insole, or when both are out, you can wear with just the regular footbed.

It's a super cool system because if you're between sizes or something, as long as the length is right, you can basically modify it to match exactly what you're comfortable with. I'm not sure of other brands who do this, but it makes sizing so much simpler. I wish more brands would do something like that.

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fragmentation isn't really something you want in 2nd hand marketplaces. Gotta sell me pretty hard to convince me I should move from a different platform with more eyes on my listings.

And no fees? Sounds unsustainable.

Grailed started with no fees.

Honestly, I'd like fragmentation if it was specific. Back in the old days of B&S, you had three main choices: SZ, SF, and Sufu. For each marketplace, they overall had different vibes. Sure you'd find cross over, but you generally knew what you get if you're going through Sufu vs SF, and even more explicitly, SZ and any of the other ones.

Like if there was a marketplace for just Japanese Proletariat Workwear type stuff, it'd be awesome. With Grailed being so big, discovery of things you like is really hard because it's just flooded with hype garbage.

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^that's a sound policy too and often times you may make a new purchase you like more than something you currently own though i find that rarely to be the case these days as I think design isn't as good as it once was for the most part

also i buy quality, ethically produced clothing but it's not like i'm constantly buying **** anymore...in fact I only make a few cops per year if that

Do you worry about ur current clothes going out of style?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't think that was a serious question.

Grailed started with no fees.

Honestly, I'd like fragmentation if it was specific. Back in the old days of B&S, you had three main choices: SZ, SF, and Sufu. For each marketplace, they overall had different vibes. Sure you'd find cross over, but you generally knew what you get if you're going through Sufu vs SF, and even more explicitly, SZ and any of the other ones.

Like if there was a marketplace for just Japanese Proletariat Workwear type stuff, it'd be awesome. With Grailed being so big, discovery of things you like is really hard because it's just flooded with hype garbage.

+1

Lol @ thinking fee schedule won't change after site gains momentum. How are you going to charge fees when your audience is microscopic smh.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think that was a serious question.

Eh, I was just stressing over this. Five years ago, I noticed I’d dropped all my dollars on like 4-5 different varsity style jackets. I sold them all, ‘cause now I know better. But then I looked around and saw a good chunk of my current stuff is patchwork and was all like, fuuuuuuu... :fu:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Don't trip homie I've been wanting a purple satin lakers and a blue satin dodgers jacket for the longest time.

I'll make them if I have to. Goin back to the 80s son.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Get on those saved searches. If you find one, I’ll send you a yellow Walkman to go with it.

Reactions: jet

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I sold off my tiny chicken leg stuff and bought fat clothes, feels good. Current weaknesses are overpriced sunglasses and uniqlo. I can go like this for a while.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads