• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coats that are more English in their origins and character, with sharply defined shoulders and darted waist, look just fine buttoned up. Something like a traditional Crombie coat.

Co-signed.

Tabooku

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get some sleek black/brown boots for max £400? I want the Margiela cubans but they are impossible to get now. Been looking at Story et Fall but their website is really broken? There's barely any pics and I can barely tell if they are still in business.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are nylon MA-1 bombers completely out of fashion? Feels a bit like SF 2014

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are nylon MA-1 bombers completely out of fashion? Feels a bit like SF 2014

Not trying to pick a fight but doesn’t having your own style kind of mean always being out of fashion?
Bombers seem fashion-proof to me.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It’s like anything else, there’s good and bad iterations of everything.
nylon bombers seem very safe though you should be fine.
I meanI’ve been super into long sleeve knit polos lately so ?‍♂️

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s like anything else, there’s good and bad iterations of everything.
nylon bombers seem very safe though you should be fine.
I meanI’ve been super into long sleeve knit polos lately so ?‍♂️
I like em too. Although they're kinda a gateway drug for rugby's

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@malcb33 i can’t do the legit rugby. Thick, coarse cotton and the flex rubber buttons. Too many memories of high school rugby.
but rugby style knit polos can be dope.
There’s a nice micro cable knit one from the CHCM house line I’m just waiting for it to go online.
I prefer ones with a full button placket or open collar, but this kind of stuff...
Lemaire knit viscose
B7F2D9A0-8252-417C-BF65-EC60DF68FDE0.jpeg

A94A9445-1ED9-4D6E-8E37-FE63D191B97C.jpeg

F6057EFA-C961-46B6-9C61-536BBD5887EA.jpeg

00C35966-708D-4110-BFEA-3986DBD26945.jpeg

00AA4B75-C58B-4B24-B61C-F4B406DE082D.jpeg

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get some sleek black/brown boots for max £400? I want the Margiela cubans but they are impossible to get now. Been looking at Story et Fall but their website is really broken? There's barely any pics and I can barely tell if they are still in business.
There’s never been pics on SeF’s site. Not sure how it is now but years ago when I asked for real life pics, they just directed me to the KTT thread and said there was more info in there

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@malcb33 i can’t do the legit rugby. Thick, coarse cotton and the flex rubber buttons. Too many memories of high school rugby.
but rugby style knit polos can be dope.
There’s a nice micro cable knit one from the CHCM house line I’m just waiting for it to go online.
I prefer ones with a full button placket or open collar, but this kind of stuff...
Those are all really nice. I hear you on the high school rugby memories, although the new Wu-tang series has me reconsidering, haha

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Project Twlv ?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are all really nice. I hear you on the high school rugby memories, although the new Wu-tang series has me reconsidering, haha

Ditto on the school rugby, very much so. In addition, I think for British people, wearing rugby shirts outside of the game is something that only rich, conservative, ex-private school men do. It's that 'image' that Ralph Lauren and others who promoted rugby shirts in the US context were seeking, of course decontextualized and freed of any negative connotations, and it's spread from there. But I can't see myself ever wanting to wear a rugby shirt.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ditto on the school rugby, very much so. In addition, I think for British people, wearing rugby shirts outside of the game is something that only rich, conservative, ex-private school men do. It's that 'image' that Ralph Lauren and others who promoted rugby shirts in the US context were seeking, of course decontextualized and freed of any negative connotations, and it's spread from there. But I can't see myself ever wanting to wear a rugby shirt.

There's an IG account called Tories of Bumble, which parodies that sort of rich, bumbling idiot. It's all guys in like Barbour and tweed. I remember stumbling upon it and thinking "****, I dress like this."

Alexidb

Reaction score
JFC...
Just had a good laugh with the wife over this.
PS she says guys in rugby jumpers and short shorts are hot.
There's an IG account called Tories of Bumble, which parodies that sort of rich, bumbling idiot. It's all guys in like Barbour and tweed. I remember stumbling upon it and thinking "****, I dress like this."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads