• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say I am a little surprised that Put This On has only just noticed Blundstones and seems to think they are a new fashion thing. Even my lowly hometown shoe shop in rural Ontario has carried Blundstones for years. They were just normal amongst friends back when I lived in Britain over ten years ago. Never mind willowy boho girls, they are one of the standard lazy person's go-to choices and have been for ages - if you don't care about choosing shoes or boots and just want one thing, then Blundstones will do you. A bit like DMs or Timberland boots. I've never really been into them not so much because of their entirely unremarkable aesthetics, but mainly because I've seen with friends who've had them how bad their quality control is; they seem to have a tendency to split in various different places and aren't as hard-wearing as the might first appear to be. Plus the soles tend to wear through remarkably quickly (and of course you can't resole them). But then perhaps that doesn't matter if all you want is an affordable boot 'for the fall'...
I saw that article. Not 2 months ago I good willed my pair of Made in Australia Blunnies, super thick leather and lots of life left in them. I think I paid $75 for them in 2003 or so... They're like Docs or Birkenstocks, will come back around every 10 years or so. Just hadn't worn them in years...

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
The minute i saw these.

View attachment 1279320

Speaking of Yuketen...... my ******* GRAIL of a shoe. Someone anyone gift me these​

they reminded me of these. They're from 96

twjlabbaubticrraad9j.jpg

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so quick n ugly story i got a ****** diagnosis a couple years back and had to go through the 6 months of treatment etc. whatever. point is i got rid of basically everything in my life which in hindsight was extremely constructive thing to do

but every now and again something reminds me of something i wish i could've kept, a pair of MIE ponyhair Docs being on that list. the topper was a 'forever' martin d-18 that they don't even make anymore. boo.

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Had a feeling
At a trade show a few seasons ago I asked one of the guys at the Yuketen booth if they were based on the XI IE lows and he replied enthusiastically "yes!"

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone read Japanese? What does this mean.. pulled off a yahoo auctions listing.

★他サイトにも出品している為急な削除もあります。ご入札をお考えの方は早めの入札お願いします。

bleeh

Reaction score
Anyone read Japanese? What does this mean.. pulled off a yahoo auctions listing.

★他サイトにも出品している為急な削除もあります。ご入札をお考えの方は早めの入札お願いします。

Based on Google translate - Also listed on another site so the listing might be pulled down early. If you are thinking of bidding, act fast.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Based on Google translate - Also listed on another site so the listing might be pulled down early. If you are thinking of bidding, act fast.

Oh word, thanks! Wow google chrome translate gave me a whole different result.

bleeh

Reaction score
Oh word, thanks! Wow google chrome translate gave me a whole different result.

I went for Japanese -> Korean because I heard Google does that a lot better than Japanese -> English. I agree that straight to English is just gibberish.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went for Japanese -> Korean because I heard Google does that a lot better than Japanese -> English. I agree that straight to English is just gibberish.

Oh ****, great tip. Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads