• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I don't get it, can you explain to me?
Sure, the point of my joke was that if all of the artists you know are poor, that might tell us something about artists or it might tell us something about your social circle.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: msg

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is your favorite travel jacket? I'll be traveling around the Baltics next fall and am planning ahead.

- The weather will be in the upper 40s to mid 60s, but I plan to dress in layers so doesn't need to be super warm
- It will definitely rain a lot, but I'll probably bring a shell so it doesn't need to be waterproof
- Looking cool > practicality (to an extent)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Storytelling isn't just overused in fashion.

Design, ad, marketing, good God, let's stop relating things to storytelling. Let's start relating things to Fucken'.

"What do you think about this ad campaign?"

"I love it. I could totally **** this. This is mega-fuckable."

"Hey did you see the Library of Congress' rebrand?"

"Yeah, it's awful. Completely unfuckable. Can't ******* for ****. Dreadful."
That’s basically the whole script of Succession

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What is your favorite travel jacket? I'll be traveling around the Baltics next fall and am planning ahead.

- The weather will be in the upper 40s to mid 60s, but I plan to dress in layers so doesn't need to be super warm
- It will definitely rain a lot, but I'll probably bring a shell so it doesn't need to be waterproof

timothy everest designed a jacket for brooks england a few years ago. it's made for cycling, but i sometimes use it as a travel jacket. it's made from ventile, so it's relatively breathable. but then with it rains, the material swells up so that water doesn't leak through. Tons of pockets, a specialized keychain pocket to hold keys, and backpack style straps so you can sling over your body when running through the airport. zippered pockets keep things such as passports safe.

it's from a few years ago, but maybe you can find one on the second-hand market.

the design is relatively cm-ish, however, so it goes better with things such as C&J field boots, jeans, and Shetland sweaters. not as directional if you're into SWD type stuff.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Do you have to take this trip in the fall? The Baltic countries are great in the summer. It seems like you are fighting the weather

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
timothy everest designed a jacket for brooks england a few years ago. it's made for cycling, but i sometimes use it as a travel jacket. it's made from ventile, so it's relatively breathable. but then with it rains, the material swells up so that water doesn't leak through. Tons of pockets, a specialized keychain pocket to hold keys, and backpack style straps so you can sling over your body when running through the airport. zippered pockets keep things such as passports safe.

it's from a few years ago, but maybe you can find one on the second-hand market.

the design is relatively cm-ish, however, so it goes better with things such as C&J field boots, jeans, and Shetland sweaters. not as directional if you're into SWD type stuff.

View attachment 1278152

Very nice.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1278152

I think every time you post that jacket I get filled with ideas. I believe there is a maker that makes similar style jacket but the name escapes me right now.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have to take this trip in the fall? The Baltic countries are great in the summer. It seems like you are fighting the weather
I don't have to, but I absolutely hate traveling during high tourist season. I would rather deal with rain than crowds

I think every time you post that jacket I get filled with ideas. I believe there is a maker that makes similar style jacket but the name escapes me right now.
Let me know if you think of it!
Jacket is cool, thanks for the rec, DWW

I was so also looking at some nylon options from Aspesi, but a fatigue jacket is just a bit blah

motosacto

Reaction score

The ventile jacket is super cool. If you want to go shorter (assuming you will have a real rain shell when you need it), here is an idea. I have been pretty happy traveling in the offseason (spring) in France and Italy with a Baracuta G4. Cliche or classic, depending on your point of view...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Excellent points, super ****** background music. Why do so many producers ******* insist on running tracks that are the instrumental equivalent of Bon Iver - quiet masquerading as thoughtful.

In the next Styleforum podcast, be prepared for crazy carnival music introducing different segments. That's my ******* storytelling.

Assault against bearded dudes with rolled up beanies should not only be legalized, but should possibly be reclassified as a social good.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads