• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
39979764TH_14_e.jpg

I sort of like this.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Babar in the city. Kind of neat!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone here own a j press shaggy dog sweater? might pick one up (non rowing blazers version)

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Shetland Woolen also looks nice

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Impale me if this is an inaccurate analogy, but I’d rather have an original painting from a starving artist than a Picasso print from Walmart. The fact that a facsimile on museum-quality archival paper needs to be cared for less than brittle oil on canvas is inconsequential. Neither does the argument of beauty come into play. If one appreciates and can afford the work of an artist or maker, they’ll buy it.

“The myth of the starving artist is a myth. The big bankers and prominent young ladies who buy art started it. They just want to keep the artist under their thumb. Who says an artist can’t have any money? Look at Picasso. The starving artist is usually starving for those around him to starve. You don’t have to starve to be a good artist. You just have to have love, insight, and a strong point of view. And you have to fight off depravity. Uncompromising, that’s what makes a good artist. It doesn’t matter if he has money or not.”

A Dylan quote from Playboy 1978

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I’m walking all over Arlington in my new Margiela navy blue sweatshirt with elbow patches. So far I have NOT been hit on by any of the yoga-pants-wearing, 20-something Goddesses out and about on this Federal holiday.

I thought that was the point of these designer brands...? ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads